• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major X #1

7 posts in this topic

I've got a couple #1 issues that I'm considering sending them off to CGC for grading.  If they're not 9.8 they're 9.6. (the former as opposed to the latter IMO)  Anyways, just curious if these are worth the trouble.  I don't have the money to purchase that GOLD or even the SILVER, but those that I do have I would just like some opinions.  Also have Naomi #1 (Cover A), Die #1 (Cover B) "Dark Nights" The Batman Who Laughs #1. (Foil) Superior Spider-Man #4 (Deodato), The Hunt for Wolverine #1 (Deodato)  Maybe one of these books is a better option than the other for grading?  Thanks. :)

001.JPG

Edited by BrotherNature

Just now, BrotherNature said:

I've got a couple #1 issues that I'm considering sending them off to CGC for grading.  If they're not 9.8 they're 9.6. (the former as opposed to the latter IMO)  Anyways, just curious if these are worth the trouble.  I don't have the money to purchase that GOLD or even the SILVER, but those that I do have I would just like some opinions.  Also have Naomi #1 (Cover A), Die #1 (Cover B) "Dark Nights" The Batman Who Laughs #1. (Foil) Superior Spider-Man #4 (Deodato), The Hunt for Wolverine #1 (Deodato)  Maybe one of these books is a better option than the other for grading?  Thanks. :)

Recommend looking up pricing on them, if you feel the investment is worth it then go for it.  I don't personally have any love for Major X so I likely wouldn't slab it (but that is just me), GoCollect has 9.6 FMV at around $55, could a pressing bump it to 9.8?  Then it MIGHT be worth it, but does it have staying power in the market is also a valid question?

Out of the others the only one that shows FMV raw above $100 is possibly Naomi (I just did a quick GoCollect search to be honest) and that all depends on condition.

You also have to determine are these for you to sell or keep?  If you are selling then look at the best return in what you have paid, only you can really decide that.  Might also recommend popping anything you are on the fence about the condition in the Hey Buddy Spare a Grade forum.  You might be able to get an idea if they would be better serve selling raw instead of slabbing or even pressing to get a chance at a 9.8.

Thank you both for the replies. :)

@Crops068

yeah, that gocollect is kind of what I'm looking at.  Green arrows I guess ^^^   Same with the Naomi. ^^^ (for the time being)  

Is that Batman who laughs worth it?  Honestly I don't want to get rid of these BEAUTIFUL books, specially when they are top notch, (9.8 raw) but if I need some money they might be something to fall back on.  Just looking for a different point of view I guess.  Thank you. :)

1 hour ago, BrotherNature said:

Thank you both for the replies. :)

@Crops068

yeah, that gocollect is kind of what I'm looking at.  Green arrows I guess ^^^   Same with the Naomi. ^^^ (for the time being)  

Is that Batman who laughs worth it?  Honestly I don't want to get rid of these BEAUTIFUL books, specially when they are top notch, (9.8 raw) but if I need some money they might be something to fall back on.  Just looking for a different point of view I guess.  Thank you. :)

I think you might be better off saving your slab money for something better.  Just put those in nice bags and boards and if the time comes later on and you need the money sell them that way.