• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP, PGM CAPTAIN FLIGHT #11

8 posts in this topic

I HAVE A CAPTAIN FLIGHT 11 THAT I HAD GRADED ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO BY A COMPETITOR OF CGC. IT IS SLABBED AND DOESN'T SCAN REAL WELL IN MY JUNKY SCANNER. I HAVE INCLUDED SEVERAL PICS AND HOPE THEY SHOW THE CONDITION WELL ENOUGH. I WAS WONDERING IF I SHOULD CRACK THIS OPEN AND SEE WHAT CGC WOULD GIVE IT. IT IS NOT RESTORED, WE PULLED ALL THE BOOKS OUT OF A BASEMENT THAT HADN'T BEEN ENTERED SINCE THE EARLY 50'S. THE BOOK DID HAVE SOME RUST SHOWING ON THE STAPLES BUT IT HAD NOT BLED IN ON THE PAGES. BOOK IS TIGHT WITH ALL PAGES FIRMLY ATTACHED. PAGE COLOR IS LISTED AS CREAM TO WHITE. ANY THOUGHTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS 

IMG_1164.JPG

IMG_1165.JPG

IMG_1166.JPG

IMG_1167.JPG

IMG_1168.JPG

IMG_1169.JPG

IMG_1170.JPG

IMG_1171.JPG

IMG_1172.JPG

Edited by Dino-Mutt
ADDITIONAL INFO

Wow, that looks amazing. 5.5 is a good guess, I'll go along with that. Looks way better.

One potential concern is that the staple holes look enlarged at both staples. Any chance the staples were replaced?