• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC and eBay Partner on Expert Review Service
3 3

275 posts in this topic

:o 

What do I get?

You can request a preliminary opinion of authenticity ($5) or a preliminary opinion of authenticity and grade ($10). The $10 option also includes a FREE label type opinion.

Possible authenticity opinions
  • Likely Genuine
  • Likely Not Genuine
  • Inconclusive (full refund)
Possible grade opinions
  • Comics, Magazines, and Concert Posters
  • Likely 8.0 - 10.0
  • Likely 6.0 - 8.0
  • Likely 4.0 - 6.0
  • Likely 2.0 - 4.0
  • Likely 0.5 - 2.0
  • Likely No Grade
  • Likely Individual Page
  • Likely Cover
  • Inconclusive ($5 refund)
Possible label type opinions
  • Likely Universal (BLUE)
  • Likely Qualified (GREEN)
  • Likely Restored (PURPLE)
  • Inconclusive

Learn more >

You will also get a voucher (sent by email) equal to the amount paid that can be used to submit the comic to CGC for regular grading services. The voucher is valid for 90 days after your purchase of CGC Expert Review.

FAQs

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

i'm sure not sigs 

i assume the authenticity is, is it really an action #1 first print

preliminary grade? that just means no restoration check?

lol i should just go and reread the link lol 

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

hm seriously

does this mean the comics i've got with raw sigs can now be authenticated?

Actually, I think I jumped the gun, I just read through what they're offering and see no mention of signatures or authentication of signatures. Still, this is good news. Let's find a book that will test them :)

edit - How about that Superman #1 reprint they graded as an original.... 

Edited by Dan82

2 minutes ago, Dan82 said:

Actually, I think I jumped the gun, I just read through what they're offering and see no mention of signatures or authentication of signatures. Still, this is good news. Let's find a book that will test them :)

heres a question...

if i want to sell a raw.... can i then pay for this service and then pass it along in the ebay listing included in the price of the book....

what about the voucher for discounted cgc slabbing..... can i pass that to the buyer as well?

@Aweandlorder

2 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Well in essence it's raw online grading 

they look at the listing and decide the grade based on pics

that explains the "likely"..... grade ranges....

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

heres a question...

if i want to sell a raw.... can i then pay for this service and then pass it along in the ebay listing included in the price of the book....

what about the voucher for discounted cgc slabbing..... can i pass that to the buyer as well?

@Aweandlorder

Yes

As a buyer you would examine a sellers listing then hire cgc to inspect said listing and make a grade decision based off the listing. For $5 you get the decision result emailed to you. For $10 you get a voucher authenticating their decision which you should then be able to carry over to the book once purchased, obtained and listed by you

i guess technichally i could use this instead of the spare a grade forum?

make a listing, price it at 100k, pay cgc to get an idea if i should send it in for slabbing?

i'm jk for the most part, but i have no problem usually with knowing if it's fine, very fine, or poor like this paid service will tell me

2 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Yes

As a buyer you would examine a sellers listing then hire cgc to inspect said listing and make a grade decision based off the listing. For $5 you get the decision result emailed to you. For $10 you get a voucher authenticating their decision which you should then be able to carry over to the book once purchased, obtained and listed by you

but can i sell that voucher...?

will cgc let me post their assessment in my listing to reinforce the selling price....?

I wonder if they will be taking on new graders? Seems like the perfect work from home type of job. I would definitely be interested. And I can foresee this taking off in a big way.

5 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Yes

this is confusing cause in my "situation" i'm never the buyer....

2 minutes ago, Dan82 said:

Also, there's a lot of terrible listings on eBay. No scans. Horrible photo's taken with a 2001 nokia... What then? Automatic 'inconclusive'

that's kind of my point lol it might as well be "my own listing" meh but idk how cgc and ebay feel about it....

that it only tells me fair, fine, and very fine condition. i could see checking if it is unrestored...

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

this is confusing cause in my "situation" i'm never the buyer....

You're forgetting one thing

cgc partnered with eBay 

this is probably where the "big news" part kicks in. The idea is to probably make this cgc authentication, through eBay, a new thing. 

Im willing to bet that cgc knows something that we don't regarding online grading. Just my hunch ;)