• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC and eBay Partner on Expert Review Service
3 3

275 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Krishosein said:
35 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Likely 6.0–8.0

I think your being harsh look at how calm that water is definitely a 8.0 -10

Grade the whole picture:

• Overcast sky
  • Mild presence of seaweed

13 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Better ? 

“But it’s not even noon !”

Screw that - I’m on vacation... 

image.jpg

Beastie Boys always on Vacation :headbang: I do it on the record because I'm willin' and able!

giphy.gif

35 minutes ago, Red84 said:

I'm sure this will go over well with uneducated buyers who pay for an estimate, get a likely 8-10 and then find it has a page missing or restoration upon actual submission to CGC. This also seems like a great way to bolster a scammer's sales as they can now purchase the online grade knowing the book has significant interior defects.

Not a fan of what's a clear cash grab for a service that undercuts CGC's entire reason for existence which is to supply accurate and consistent third party grading. It also undercuts the idea that a grade comes from the entire book, not just the cover and back cover.

but like how it currently works if a seller is a scammer they usually get called out and hit with negative feedback etc.. they might be able to get away with a few short term sales but long term they will be done after the first few bad feedbacks or being called out etc.. Also it plays into the look at the sellers feedback when buying from them I don't think many will buy high value comics from a seller with less than 50 feedback or whatever number of feedback # people are comfortable with. 

I think its just adding another level of security to a transaction.

34 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Better ? 

“But it’s not even noon !”

Screw that - I’m on vacation... 

image.jpg

mmm wings that's more of a 8.0 -10... note I love how the celery is set aside lol 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Asian spiced... they actually had more heat than normal Franks red sauce type wings 

But they put that :censored: on everything!..... :sorry: 

• Administrator
17 hours ago, HighRadArt said:

How will they meet a 2 day turn around and how will it affect current turn arounds?

We don't forsee it affecting our current turn times.  It's still our biggest focus to keep those maintained.

1 minute ago, Brittany M. said:
17 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

hm seriously

does this mean the comics i've got with raw sigs can now be authenticated?

It's not applicable for Signature Series.

When I saw the notification, lol I liked to have a heart attack, I thought I was in trouble :eek: 

giphy.gif

Park Rangers frowned seeing me take my bike on the road that said no bike riding.  However, Suffolk county PD just waved and didn’t care.   Kismet - Fire Island is nice. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Park Rangers frowned seeing me take my bike on the road that said no bike riding.  However, Suffolk county PD just waved and didn’t care.   Kismet - Fire Island is nice. 

Your lunch was a likely 8.0-10.0

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

I think of a million ways why this service is flawed. The very first is that the comic is not in hand

Okay, wow I did not read the original info completely. That's cray cray. Why would they do something that, in my opinion, devalues their services as a whole? Is a company willing to give grade opinions in such a slap dash way an entity that I trust for other services?