• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did anyone ever succeed at one of these?
2 2

22 posts in this topic

Didn’t have the chance in trying out one of these comic ads with Grit, Christmas cards or products whatever. I did had thoughts in submitting to Grit when I was a kid. Never happened anyway...

However, like F For Fake did with his, I also did with my high school fundraiser in selling chocolate bars. I remembered one year when a older student dared me to stay ahead. He saw the sale chart on billboard that I was close to him. The fundraiser offers $50 prize and a second prize was $20.  I wanted the $50 so I can spent on comics where the LCS is going to have 50% sale in two weeks. You get my meaning where I am going... 

So, every evening for a week I jump on my bike to do the sale pitch to every house around my block, and to next block and next... until I went beyond up to a mile around mine. I had to raid every single chocolate bar from my school. The student had the same idea! Lucky one teacher hoarded one full box saved for me. I took it and sold every damn bar! 

I won at the end of fundraiser, got $50 ... and I also won $10 bet if I beat him out. He was pizzed in losing out! lol

7 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Didn’t have the chance in trying out one of these comic ads with Grit, Christmas cards or products whatever. I did had thoughts in submitting to Grit when I was a kid. Never happened anyway...

However, like F For Fake did with his, I also did with my high school fundraiser in selling chocolate bars. I remembered one year when a older student dared me to stay ahead. He saw the sale chart on billboard that I was close to him. The fundraiser offers $50 prize and a second prize was $20.  I wanted the $50 so I can spent on comics where the LCS is going to have 50% sale in two weeks. You get my meaning where I am going... 

So, every evening for a week I jump on my bike to do the sale pitch to every house around my block, and to next block and next... until I went beyond up to a mile around mine. I had to raid every single chocolate bar from my school. The student had the same idea! Lucky one teacher hoarded one full box saved for me. I took it and sold every damn bar! 

I won at the end of fundraiser, got $50 ... and I also won $10 bet if I beat him out. He was pizzed in losing out! lol

I did the whole chocolate bar thing I think majority of kids did but one year instead of the standard school labelled chocolate they used regular chocolate like kit kats, crunch, Mr. Bigs. obviously the prices were over inflated because it being a charity and one friend went to the dollar store bought a ton of kit kats and sold them for a premium he made a lot of money... why didn't I join him... (shrug)