• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fake CGC 9.8 Comics

81 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, kav said:

How is "Strawberries on sale" correct?  This literally means you are quoting someone, not describing a current situation.  "Strawberries on sale" means NO STRAWBERRIES ON SALE.

I think that your trying to say it should be, Strawberries for Sale? are they "on" sale though? lol 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I think that your trying to say it should be, Strawberries for Sale? are they "on" sale though? lol 

Just put up a sign that says here's some strawberries-ya want em?  $5

9 minutes ago, kav said:
25 minutes ago, valiantman said:

"Strawberries on sale" is correct.  "I sell strawberries" is correct.

"Strawberries on sell" is wrong.  "I sale strawberries" is wrong.

:whistle:

How is "Strawberries on sale" correct?  This literally means you are quoting someone, not describing a current situation.  "Strawberries on sale" means NO STRAWBERRIES ON SALE.

I thought you were saying "sale" was the problem.  I didn't realize you were talking about the quotation marks. lol

I'm constantly seeing people put things up:

FOR SELL

...which is wrong.

There's also an epidemic of people who 

NEED TO SALE A CAR

...which is wrong.

I'm confused, so I guess I'm "sorry".

6 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I thought you were saying "sale" was the problem.  I didn't realize you were talking about the quotation marks. lol

I'm constantly seeing people put things up:

FOR SELL

...which is wrong.

There's also an epidemic of people who 

NEED TO SALE A CAR

...which is wrong.

I'm confused, so I guess I'm "sorry".

As long as you dont say "She borrowed me the money" like those nit wits on judge judy you'll be ok.

18 hours ago, kav said:

I mean there's the 'your' 'you're' thing but I'm not gunna nit pick.

uh oh anglish police alert... 

1 hour ago, kav said:

I remember this band called the Beatles that was super popular but no one else seems to recall it-

is that movie good?

Slab looks good, maybe SCS on the top edge, or that may be an allowable defect, I'm not sure. I don't think for the price of this book it would be worth the effort to pull a swap scam. It is not easy to get those suckers out at all, much less without causing a great deal of damage. I can't see the effort being worth the reward in this instance. Still a cool book regardless!

2 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

is that movie good?

NO!  Omg what a missed opportunity.  A real dud.  Plus they only used the most boring of Beatles songs.  No I am the Walrus no Sgt pepper no nuthin.

9 minutes ago, kav said:

NO!  Omg what a missed opportunity.  A real dud.  Plus they only used the most boring of Beatles songs.  No I am the Walrus no Sgt pepper no nuthin.

I guess I'm going to skip this one in the theatre and wait for it on Netflix.

Edited by Krishosein

Just now, Krishosein said:

I guess I'm going to skip this one in the theatre and wait for it on Netflix.

Well it should appear on Netflix in about 10 years but you're not missing anything by waiting.  The movie really spirals down into utter boredom the last 1/3.  Seriously there was so much potential here.  It's one of those movies that has no plot-a plot being defined as a character going thru change as he tries to obtain a goal and faces obstacles.  No real goal, no obstacles at all.  Just a great initial idea that wasnt fleshed out.

16 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Slab looks good, maybe SCS on the top edge, or that may be an allowable defect, I'm not sure. I don't think for the price of this book it would be worth the effort to pull a swap scam. It is not easy to get those suckers out at all, much less without causing a great deal of damage. I can't see the effort being worth the reward in this instance. Still a cool book regardless!

not to beat a dead horse here, but what really grinds my gears lol 

Is that, yes the value isn't worth it, but then people keep going along thinking that all these last generation slabs are "fake"..... (now I sound like a conspiracy theorist lol )

but seriously, in other threads people have returned ebay purchased slabs as "not as described".....

6 hours ago, SamPool said:

Ask yourself, would someone tamper with this book what value would they gain? 

Now if this was a Hulk 181 for example, then I would think real hard.

Have you ever seen this gem? and then the comments in said gem?

Just now, James J Johnson said:

I vaguely remember seeing an album entitled "Beet the Meatles", or something along that order. hm

The Wank album maybe?  cant remember.