• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fake CGC 9.8 Comics

81 posts in this topic

Just now, pewterss said:

This is the label I was talking about in my previous post 

3.jpg

The sticker was on the outside of older slabs, that's what makes the newer gen awesome.... your lucky I have an X-Men annual 14 that that top sticker is gone

Just now, kav said:

I think it's ok unless there are other flaws on the book.

I was looking at the top, if you look at the top edge it seems like a piece of the book has a slight tear. This alone I would think CGC would degrade it because there pretty freakin rough when it comes to giving out grades.

They degraded a book because they found a small fingerprint on the back cover. So this I would think is cause for a slap... lol so to speak.

1.jpg

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The sticker was on the outside of older slabs, that's what makes the newer gen awesome.... your lucky I have an X-Men annual 14 that that top sticker is gone

Can't you send it back to be re-holdered? Get a new sticker :)

1 minute ago, pewterss said:

but I got to admit totally digging that Harley Quinn statue :)

Believe me your book is fine, if it has scratches ok then but it's not "tampered with"

I wish you could educate your friend cause if he returns an eBay book like this he's liable to get blocked as a buyer from some...

1 minute ago, pewterss said:

I was looking at the top, if you look at the top edge it seems like a piece of the book has a slight tear. This alone I would think CGC would degrade it because there pretty freakin rough when it comes to giving out grades.

They degraded a book because they found a small fingerprint on the back cover. So this I would think is cause for a slap... lol so to speak.

1.jpg

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

This is a sentence.

4 minutes ago, kav said:

I think it's ok unless there are other flaws on the book.

Me too. By comparison to Adamantium's high-resolution, perfectly focused pic, the out of focus, lo-res, blurry pic makes the corner appear more opaque than it actually is from that angle, causing it tp give the false impression of having been tampered with.

I think what I am gonna do is send this back to CGC, and have them put it into the newer cases anyway.  If the grade is incorrect I am sure they will let me know by degrading the book.  If this happens I will let you guys know what the results are, and what they say.

1 minute ago, kav said:

This is a sentence.

Most of the times, in the evening, I'm on my tablet, where punctuation, capital letters, and auto-correct are all a pain...

If I think it's at least readable, I hit submit...

My phone has the worst auto correct.... so be patient  :foryou:

2 minutes ago, pewterss said:

I think what I am gonna do is send this back to CGC, and have them put it into the newer cases anyway.  If the grade is incorrect I am sure they will let me know by degrading the book.  If this happens I will let you guys know what the results are, and what they say.

Sell as 9.8 and buy the 9.6 you will get if you resubmit, keep the difference lol 

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

The "they're", "their", and "there" thing always trumps the "you're" and "your" thing.

That one drives me nuts also the "Strawberries" on "sale".

4 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

The "they're", "their", and "there" thing always trumps the "you're" and "your" thing.

I'm usually pretty good about it lol

Especially when I'm on my laptop...but on my phone, I can't type nearly as well or fast...

But I'm watching tv as well so :sorry: