• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYCC - Larry Hama was listed on the site as a guest but now is not listed..?

14 posts in this topic

I just asked them via Twitter and email.  Really want to get some Hama signed, CGC witnessed G.I. Joes.  Wondering if any of the Wise Masters here have any input.  Thanks.

Edited by lordisam

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

I follow Larry on Facebook, and he’s been pretty salty towards signing lately.  He also has ligament issues in his drawing thumb, so that may have played a role if he did cancel.

He has been salty in general lately.  Today he posted another woe is me message claiming that no one has ever appreciated him amongst his peers.  It is becoming sad.  I honestly feel bad for him and feel like he needs a hug or something.  I mean that.  The guy has been super generous with fans, he sketches at cons for the love of the game, and is a genuinely nice guy to chat with.  However, lately there is a sadness to him. 

2 hours ago, bababooey said:

If you "just asked them" and don't get a response via email or twitter I'd suggest you start a thread in Comics General.  2c

Awesome, thanks.  I’ll try that.  Oh we’re in comics general now. Done.

Edited by lordisam

9 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

He has been salty in general lately.  Today he posted another woe is me message claiming that no one has ever appreciated him amongst his peers.  It is becoming sad.  I honestly feel bad for him and feel like he needs a hug or something.  I mean that.  The guy has been super generous with fans, he sketches at cons for the love of the game, and is a genuinely nice guy to chat with.  However, lately there is a sadness to him. 

That is very sad.  And also unfathomable to me.  He created toys, comic books, and a TV show simultaneously.  All insanely popular and creative.  Perfect blend of fantasy with enough realism to stay grounded.  Issue 21 is a masterpiece, IMO.  I FB messaged him as well, and requested C2E2 try to get him next year.  Guy is definitely an unappreciated genius.  Very humble from the interviews I’ve seen.  

Is his Facebook the “I’ve been faking it all my life” one?

Edited by lordisam

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Agreed.  The one time I met him at a small show in St. Charles, IL I very much expressed my admiration for his long run on Wolverine, and he was just kind of like *sigh* in response.  I don't know, maybe we're all missing something.

11 minutes ago, lordisam said:

That is very sad.  And also unfathomable to me.  He created toys, comic books, and a TV show simultaneously.  All insanely popular and creative.  Perfect blend of fantasy with enough realism to stay grounded.  Issue 21 is a masterpiece, IMO.  I FB messaged him as well, and requested C2E2 try to get him next year.  Guy is definitely an unappreciated genius.  Very humble from the interviews I’ve seen.  

Is his Facebook the “I’ve been faking it all my life” one?

Yes, that's the one I follow.

Hama at C2E2 this past year would've been awesome since Marc Silvestri was also there (awesome dude btw).

12 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

This was today... 

IMG_2079.jpeg

Tell Larry that while he may not have been Jack Kirby or Kneel Atoms he should be grateful he was part of Marvel history-many of us spent 40+ years drawing and attained zippity doo dah, to quote Judge Judy.  He doesnt know what being an 'outsider' really means.

6 hours ago, kav said:

Tell Larry that while he may not have been Jack Kirby or Kneel Atoms he should be grateful he was part of Marvel history-many of us spent 40+ years drawing and attained zippity doo dah, to quote Judge Judy.  He doesnt know what being an 'outsider' really means.

Did you binge-watch Judge Judy this weekend or something?

13 hours ago, kav said:

Sooo if we just invite him to C2E2, put up a bunch of balloons next to the CGC booth, have a table of pretzels, Revolution IPA, and Diet Coke, and call it an “industry event,” we can get him to hang, sign books. And toss them straight to CGC for grading!  Boom!  Hug it out!! 

Edited by lordisam

18 hours ago, kav said:

And, he was on M*A*S*H!! 

2 minutes ago, Spidey 62 said:

And, he was on M*A*S*H!! 

And was in the G.I. Joe movie!  (Yes, the movie was terrible....but they made not one but TWO big budget movies based on his creation with legit stars...and put him in them.)