• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help me choose a Logo for a Comic Store
1 1

283 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:
1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

COMICS LOGO.jpg

I will add: feel free to run with this should you like it. Perhaps a combination of this with a lid opened slightly and the eyes from your box lid open because I loved that idea.

Edited 4 minutes ago by Artboy99

How about some smoky steam coming out of there forming thought bubbles ?  :grin:

CAULDRON : a large metal pot with a lid and handle, used for cooking over an open fire :grin:

OP needs to decide if this word is in line with his business plan 

9 minutes ago, Senormac said:

CAULDRON : a large metal pot used by witches often seen in comics and cartoons :grin:

Perfect

FTFY

16 minutes ago, kav said:
27 minutes ago, Senormac said:

CAULDRON : a large metal pot used by witches often seen in comics and cartoons :grin:

Perfect

FTFY

Yea, Karl is a horror guy.  Cauldron for horror books, thought bubbles for all the talking inside the books.  

I dunno why I keep thinking about scooby doo and the witches episode with cauldron comics.. 

I think the OP needs to probably provide a bit more detail on what his market is.. Does he sell more moderns, back issues, superhero, TPB etc.. what market is he targeting; kids, adults.

This is all the things in a business plan or a scope of a business. He needs demographics, product type, audiences, etc.. 

What future products will you offer. example if your in modern currently would you after building income buy Back issues GA or SA and sell those as well, would you start doing statues or would shipping be to much as they are heavier.

I would cull the logo to the majority of your business... 

for a good logo and name you need to let the people designing your logo know your vision.... If you don't have a vision.. :baiting::tonofbricks:

Edited by Krishosein

I like the cauldron...maybe some simple "steam" or "flame" coming out of the top...and a different font. Not a fan of the font...but we're a thousand miles from where we started. :)

30 minutes ago, newshane said:

I like the cauldron...maybe some simple "steam" or "flame" coming out of the top...and a different font. Not a fan of the font...but we're a thousand miles from where we started. :)

I like it too, but can't help but associate it more with cartoons, witches, and Halloween, way more than I associate it with comics. Now I can see it as more befitting a store that specialized in horror related merchandise, but most of the action nowadays is in the superhero genre. Aside from cauldron being another word that begins with the letter 'c', the connection between comics and what's popular today seems weak. I tend to envision more along these lines when the word "cauldron" is mentioned:

cauld1.gif

cauld2.gif

7 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I like it too, but can't help but associate it more with cartoons, witches, and Halloween, way more than I associate it with comics. Now I can see it as more befitting a store that specialized in horror related merchandise, but most of the action nowadays is in the superhero genre. Aside from cauldron being another word that begins with the letter 'c', the connection between comics and what's popular today seems weak. I tend to envision more along these lines when the word "cauldron" is mentioned:

cauld1.gif

cauld2.gif

I mean if you want to nit pick you could say mile high comics is a bad name because people mostly associate that with the mile high club and my comic shop is a bad name because it's not really my comic shop I dont own it Meltdown Comics is a bad name because it evokes 3 mile island.   

Pretty much any name you can think of can be said to evoke something else unless you name it the comic book comic shop and we also carry cards. 

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Maybe. But I would think that the word cauldron would evoke a boiling pot with witches around it for most.

I highly doubt someone would see that logo, realizing comic shops have been named everything in the book (Bizzarro Wuxtry for ex) and say "aw they probly just got witch books in that place".