• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help me choose a Logo for a Comic Store
1 1

283 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

He has to be talking about Cauldron Comics. 

No one has suggested the name Cauldron Comics :makepoint:

Early on (I no longer have the reference for it), but I recall seeing something about how investors like simple names.  Some people might find a name a little too kitsch and so it was recommended that simply naming it after a person was easy and straight forward.  I mean, there are examples of original names (Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, etc) but there are also examples of people just naming it after themselves (Walmart, Hewlett Packard, Levi's, etc).

I'll agree with the earlier sentiments that none really jump out at me.  The first looked like a barber shop sign.  The other two didn't really resemble comic bubbles.

(EDIT: just saw OP is taking everyone's advice and went back to the drawing board.)

Edited by ExNihilo

I think the Cauldron part evokes the idea that there could be ANYTHING in there.  It's a big mix of different ingredients.  So a comic cauldron could have all types of comic related items, boiling boiling  boiling !!

1 minute ago, Senormac said:

I think the Cauldron part evokes the idea that there could be ANYTHING in there.  It's a big mix of different ingredients.  So a comic cauldron could have all types of comic related items, boiling boiling  boiling !!

and just think of the deals we are cooking up

Some more I whipped up in mere minutes because I have been designing logos longer than all of you combined and I am the greatest in the world.

The greatest in the world, is better than number 1!  Mantelbaum! Mantelbaum! Mantelbaum!...my back!"

conundrum.jpg

STACK.jpg

COLOSSAL.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

Most of my market is from USA , they are in the foreign niche so they buy a lot of books in spanish moderns and vintage. They know Pantera is also a spanish word that refers to an animal.  I like Pantera

About the logo i followed some great advice here

LEpRZo5h.jpg

i9syq1Sh.jpg

3 minutes ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Most of my market is from USA , they are in the foreign niche so they buy a lot of books in spanish moderns and vintage. They know Pantera is also a spanish word that refers to an animal.  I like Pantera

LEpRZo5h.jpg

i9syq1Sh.jpg

If going with that I think you should get rid of the handle hole, and have the lettering fill the space.

And drop the shadows, makes it hard to read when smaller like on a letterhead.

Edited by Artboy99

1 minute ago, Artboy99 said:

If going with that I think you should get rid of the handle hole, and have the lettering fill the space.

NO!!

5 minutes ago, Mijael.Levy said:

i9syq1Sh.jpg

If thats what you like go with it.  It's not bad.  cauldron is genius tho I hope someone uses it.

1 minute ago, Ryan. said:

How about Metallica Comics?

Taylor Swift Comics? 

NO!!