• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help me choose a Logo for a Comic Store
1 1

283 posts in this topic

Just now, Blastaar said:

Cornucopia is a better name than Cauldron. Plus it has a fun shape! 

you're making me cry

1 minute ago, kav said:

Declining the cauldron is like when simon cowell went to ABC to pitch american idol.  They laffed at him.  So he went to CBS they also laffed.  So he went to NBC-chuckles.  Finally he went to Fox and it became the single biggest money making show of all time as well as a cultural phenomenon, earning Cowell himself half a billion dollars.  Sometimes genius is hard to recognize.  Artboy is genius.

Nile Rodgers took "Freak Out" to 26 different record companies before the 27th one said, "We love it". Nile had sold off all of his furniture and was sleeping on his floor. I don't know if they tell that true story on the net.The rest is history.

Just now, James J Johnson said:

Nile Rodgers took "Freak Out" to 26 different record companies before the 27th one said, "We love it". Nile had sold off all of his furniture and was sleeping on his floor. I don't know if they tell that true story on the net.The rest is history.

Dr Seuss I think went to a billion publishers.

Look great on a t-shirt or street sign too.

I literally want this T shirt-with yellow letters.  I may look into printing them up and selling them myself.

1 minute ago, kav said:

Dr Seuss I think went to a billion publishers.

I don't want to read it all again. I must have missed it, so I'm coming to you for the condensed answer. Why Pantera? Is his name Pantera? If explained, I missed the significance of "Pantera" to the OP.

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

I actually thought to suggest that earlier but (shrug) idk

Cornocopia is literally the most overused business name in the mundo

I don't want to read it all again. I must have missed it, so I'm coming to you for the condensed answer. Why Pantera? Is his name Pantera? If explained, I missed the significance of "Pantera" to the OP.

pantera means panther in spanish thats basically it.

8 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

Cornucopia is a better name than Cauldron. Plus it has a fun shape! 

Cornucopia has possibilities, i think the general public would have no clue what it is, IE the horn of plenty.

Possible to incorporate the horn shape into the design, turned facing the right the top of the horn makes a "C" shape that could work with the word COMICS. Instead of fruit and such the horn could be filled with comics.

Maybe another day I will whip it up, for now I have actual work to do. 

feast-clipart-cornucopia-9.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

4 minutes ago, kav said:

pantera means panther in spanish thats basically it.

2 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Cornucopia has possibilities, i think the general public would have no clue what it is, IE the horn of plenty.

Possible to incorporate the horn shape into the design, turned facing the right the top of the horn makes a "C" shape that could work with the word COMICS. Instead of fruit and such the horn could be filled with comics.

Maybe another day I will whit it up, for now I have actual work to do. 

feast-clipart-cornucopia-9.jpg

Some dealer used the horn of plenty in one of their ads as a common theme. I can't remember who, it's a long time ago I saw it. Might have been in an old Overstreet ad, and the Overstreet was already old when I saw it, if that's where it was. Not sure. I have to look for it.

Edited by James J Johnson