• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help me choose a Logo for a Comic Store
1 1

283 posts in this topic

Just now, Artboy99 said:

THE HANDLE HOLE IS THAT IMPORTANT IS IT?

PANT.jpg

Its not the hole per se but the letters in perspective with the box which is consistent with the 3D image itself.

Just now, kav said:

Its not the hole per se but the letters in perspective with the box which is consistent with the 3D image itself.

AHH...the perspective in the OP box lettering is very off to my eye.

1 minute ago, Artboy99 said:

AHH...the perspective in the OP box lettering is very off to my eye.

It is off-a bit-but adds a certain energy so is acceptable.  

It's the initial C in comics that is most off and does look a bit wacky

Just now, Artboy99 said:

I don't like the drop shadow behind the letters.

I love it it balances shadow on rt side of box.  

2 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

yes.

There is also multiple perspectives going on.

Thats for sure.  I'm not gonna excoriate the graphics guy but he is clearly new at this.

2 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Cheaper to lose it entirely and cleaner

If you lose the rt side shadow the 3D effect is diminished I dont think it would be a good trade.

1 minute ago, kav said:

Thats for sure.  I'm not gonna excoriate the graphics guy but he is clearly new at this.

If you lose the rt side shadow the 3D effect is diminished I dont think it would be a good trade.

And this is supposed to be an improvement on the cauldron? :gossip:

The more I look at the letters the more it starts to bug me.  Like a tattoo flaw that just becomes worse the longer you have it.

Just now, James J Johnson said:

And this is supposed to be an improvement on the cauldron? :gossip:

No the cauldron is pure genius but he has decided against it.  

Declining the cauldron is like when simon cowell went to ABC to pitch american idol.  They laffed at him.  So he went to CBS they also laffed.  So he went to NBC-chuckles.  Finally he went to Fox and it became the single biggest money making show of all time as well as a cultural phenomenon, earning Cowell himself half a billion dollars.  Sometimes genius is hard to recognize.  Artboy is genius.

1 minute ago, kav said:

No the cauldron is pure genius but he has decided against it.  

Although I'm still of the opinion that there's a better choice than Comic Cauldron, as of yet unnamed, the cauldron does present the opportunity for marketing blurbs, as has been stated, "Cooking up Summer Deals At...", "Something's Brewing on Fridays at.....",  and things of this promotional nature

1 minute ago, kav said:

Declining the cauldron is like when simon cowell went to ABC to pitch american idol.  They laffed at him.  So he went to CBS they also laffed.  So he went to NBC-chuckles.  Finally he went to Fox and it became the single biggest money making show of all time as well as a cultural phenomenon, earning Cowell himself half a billion dollars.  Sometimes genius is hard to recognize.  Artboy is genius.

Cornucopia is a better name than Cauldron. Plus it has a fun shape! 

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Although I'm still of the opinion that there's a better choice than Comic Cauldron, as of yet unnamed, the cauldron does present the opportunity for marketing blurbs, as has been stated, "Cooking up Summer Deals At...", "Something's Brewing on Fridays at.....",  and things of this promotional nature

and as I said the oval is one of the strongest designs.