• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone resubmitting their bronze pedigree books
2 2

26 posts in this topic

On 7/17/2019 at 9:06 AM, FlyingDonut said:

I have multiple pedigreed books - I'm not sure if I want to have different color labels for my Fantastic Four registry set. The couple yellow ones in there are already making my OCD hurt.

You need an all Yellow set.

On 7/17/2019 at 11:06 AM, FlyingDonut said:

I have multiple pedigreed books - I'm not sure if I want to have different color labels for my Fantastic Four registry set. The couple yellow ones in there are already making my OCD hurt.

They should burn into your brain until they re-educate you to never own them again.

Evey time someone gets a Pedigree book signed for sig series an Angel Dies. :cry::pullhair:

Edited by jbud73

On 8/6/2019 at 12:37 AM, MGsimba77 said:
On 8/5/2019 at 10:49 PM, sfcityduck said:

And I won't be paying more for a b&w label either

They don't charge for it

So, out of the goodeness of their heart, are they really going to reholder everybody's pedigree books with the new label and slab for free then?  lol

That'll be the day...........and if you really believe it, then I have some swamp land in Florida to sell to you.  :screwy:

10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

So, out of the goodeness of their heart, are they really going to reholder everybody's pedigree books with the new label and slab for free then?  lol

That'll be the day...........and if you really believe it, then I have some swamp land in Florida to sell to you.  :screwy:

Its a course of action designed to increase the revenue of a 'for profit' business, nothing out of the ordinary there.  Its not the worst idea that encapsulation services have ever come up with *cough cough, Wizard First anyone? Or the 9.9 New Mutants 98?* :tonofbricks: so the new Pedigrees will get the label and over time some of the old label pedigrees will get re-encapsulated in the new label, some will stay in the old labels.

I think where the certification companies tread a VERY slippery slope is when they seek to enter the 'manufactured collectibles realm, but again, they have just as right as any other business to generate revenue.  I think that some people attribute this air of UBER transparency to certification companies, and will all due respect I think the 2 main ones try, but they are as fallible as any company; sometimes they resemble transparent business entities and occasionally they do not.

17 hours ago, lou_fine said:

No I meant they wouldn't charge extra for the pedigree label other than what the normal reholder fee is. Sorry if I wasn't clear 

Edited by MGsimba77

5 hours ago, jbud73 said:

Its a course of action designed to increase the revenue of a 'for profit' business, nothing out of the ordinary there. 

5 hours ago, jbud73 said:

so the new Pedigrees will get the label and over time some of the old label pedigrees will get re-encapsulated in the new label,

They're not stupid. It's no accident they didn't make it optional. CGC understands people's obsessive compulsive disorders just fine. There will invariably be those driven up the wall by having some pedigrees with new label others with old. Myself included but trying to fight this losing battle for time being. Thankfully I don't have that many pedigrees xD