• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Incorrect Label Question

3 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a slab I suspected to be incorrectly labeled with volume/issue, and after further research it is.  I would like to get it relabeled with the correct information, but am unsure about the process since it was not my submission.  I plan to resubmit myself or through a LCS.

Would this be considered a CGC error they will correct for free?  Would a correction only be free for the person who submitted the book originally?  Or is it a different service like a reholder and its associated fee?  Thanks for any input!

25 minutes ago, MadripoorNights said:

I recently purchased a slab I suspected to be incorrectly labeled with volume/issue, and after further research it is.  I would like to get it relabeled with the correct information, but am unsure about the process since it was not my submission.  I plan to resubmit myself or through a LCS.

Would this be considered a CGC error they will correct for free?  Would a correction only be free for the person who submitted the book originally?  Or is it a different service like a reholder and its associated fee?  Thanks for any input!

If you send it in for a re-holder, and you inform them of the incorrect info on the label, it will be amended.

If I understand correctly - they print a new label every time it's re-slabbed - even within the same generation case.