• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is Spidermans greatest villain?

109 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

That's a fun idea -- I don't know how long I'd stick with an ongoing series, but I would read a long miniseries "What If" style where Peter never gets bit and its an Archie-style story of Peter, Flash, Harry, MJ, Gwen et al.

Pure genius

That would be a long run for sure

And obviously ben doesnt get robbed

Peter has real life issues and not green monsters flying around on makeshift rocket skateboards

Gwen Stacey doesnt die

Peter would be archie

Would brock be reggie or moose

Obvious gwen is Betty

MJ is veronica

2 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

That's a fun idea -- I don't know how long I'd stick with an ongoing series, but I would read a long miniseries "What If" style where Peter never gets bit and its an Archie-style story of Peter, Flash, Harry, MJ, Gwen et al.

He would have gone to work for Norman Osborne and become an arch villain,taken

over the world(at least the western hemisphere)

3 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Pure genius

That would be a long run for sure

And obviously ben doesnt get robbed

Peter has real life issues and not green monsters flying around on makeshift rocket skateboards

Gwen Stacey doesnt die

Peter would be archie

Would brock be reggie or moose

Obvious gwen is Betty

MJ is veronica

Harry Osborne is Jug head

those old Spidey tv shows sure did not age well

Just a shout out to some villains who have not been mentioned and should be at least at the table....

The Sandman

The Lizard

The Vulture

:p

When I think Spider-Man villain though-- my first thought is Doc Octopus and then Green Goblin. This is mostly because GG seems a little more crazy in his attacking Spidey versus Doc Ock being calculating-- challenging him and his innate science abilities that have always been ASM's core feature-- even pre- bite.

Edited by 01TheDude

8 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

When I think Spider-Man villain though-- my first thought is Doc Octopus and then Green Goblin. This is mostly because GG seems a little more crazy in his attacking Spidey versus Doc Ock being calculating-- challenging him and his innate science abilities that have always been ASM's core feature-- even pre- bite.

I only had 2 ASM comics when i was a kid that someone gave to me and Octo Doctopus made quite an impression summoning his arms from afar where they were locked up.  The other one I had was name of the dame is Medusa.  So, tentacles in both my intros to spider man.

88-1 (1).jpg

62-2.jpg

17 hours ago, JohnH19 said:

That annual (#4) was my first Marvel comic. 

Lieber also did Annual #5. I didn’t think he did a bad job on those two books.

As a kid I liked them, but they really stood out badly in the Spider-Man omnibuses compared to the other material. 5's story isn't bad, but the artwork is.

1 minute ago, BigDaddy1 said:

From the comics: toss up between Green Goblin and Doc Ock, though I lean more towards Green Goblin.

Green Globulin was also a friend so he had the shakespearean element.  Octo Doctopus was just Octo Doctopus.