• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are Symbiotes Spiders?

15 posts in this topic

Unlikely you'd have alien species that are a close match to Earth arachnids.

The symbiote most likely just adopts characteristics of its initial host, so that those characteristics get retained and inherited by secondary hosts such as Eddie Brock / Venom and Cletus Kasady / Carnage.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Just now, Ken Aldred said:

The symbiote most likely just adopts characteristics of its initial host, so that those characteristics get retained and inherited by secondary hosts such as Venom and Carnage.

Did you ever see the Star Trek Voyager episode  Distant Origin?Not disagreeing with you friend,but a possible other side of the coin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distant_Origin

6 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Did you ever see the Star Trek Voyager episode  Distant Origin?Not disagreeing with you friend,but a possible other side of the coin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distant_Origin

Yup. Interesting article.

Wasn't there another Star Trek episode explaining why there are so many species in the galaxy that look humanoid? 

IIRC, it was called "Budget Constraint" ?

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

Yup. Interesting article.

Wasn't there another Star Trek episode explaining why there are so many species in the galaxy that look humanoid? 

As I said,I'm not a super fan,so I don't remember seeing the episode you mention,although I would watch it.My da loved the original series,and I grew up with TNG so have seen all of those.With the other offshoots,I'm more casual.Perhaps someone will chime in and point me in the direction?The Distant Origin rang a bell as I watched it just recently.I try to catch Voyager now,watch when it's on due to that episode.

20 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

The symbiote most likely just adopts characteristics of its initial host, so that those characteristics get retained and inherited by secondary hosts such as Eddie Brock / Venom and Cletus Kasady / Carnage.

How come they look like spiderman though

Which is a spider

I mean they dont look like a Goblin or anything.

On 7/12/2019 at 4:03 PM, Hollywood1892 said:

They have cosmic carnage

Ah,my ken  of the Marvel Universe starts to fade rapidly after about 1993.I've caught up some here and there but didn't here about this one yet.