Are Symbiotes Spiders?
1 1

15 posts in this topic

2,388 posts

I'm asking because the rise of Knull the symbiote God and the increasing value of Venom 3.

I wonder if they will tie it into the Peter Parker Spiderman run or just Miles Morales?

And than possibly movie lore like they did with Thanos

Because Knull is intergalactic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
243 posts

Your posts makes zero sense, but the answer to the subject is what TwoPiece said: no. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,034 posts
Posted (edited)

Unlikely you'd have alien species that are a close match to Earth arachnids.

The symbiote most likely just adopts characteristics of its initial host, so that those characteristics get retained and inherited by secondary hosts such as Eddie Brock / Venom and Cletus Kasady / Carnage.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39,262 posts
Just now, Ken Aldred said:

Unlikely you'd have alien species that are a close match to Earth arachnids.

The symbiote most likely just adopts characteristics of its initial host, so that those characteristics get retained and inherited by secondary hosts such as Venom and Carnage.

Did you ever see the Star Trek Voyager episode  Distant Origin?Not disagreeing with you friend,but a possible other side of the coin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distant_Origin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39,262 posts

It's worth a watch,I'm not a huge fan,but I wholly enjoyed the idea,this episode.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,034 posts
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Did you ever see the Star Trek Voyager episode  Distant Origin?Not disagreeing with you friend,but a possible other side of the coin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distant_Origin

Yup. Interesting article.

Wasn't there another Star Trek episode explaining why there are so many species in the galaxy that look humanoid? 

IIRC, it was called "Budget Constraint" ?

Edited by Ken Aldred

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39,262 posts
1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

Yup. Interesting article.

Wasn't there another Star Trek episode explaining why there are so many species in the galaxy that look humanoid? 

As I said,I'm not a super fan,so I don't remember seeing the episode you mention,although I would watch it.My da loved the original series,and I grew up with TNG so have seen all of those.With the other offshoots,I'm more casual.Perhaps someone will chime in and point me in the direction?The Distant Origin rang a bell as I watched it just recently.I try to catch Voyager now,watch when it's on due to that episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,388 posts
20 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Unlikely you'd have alien species that are a close match to Earth arachnids.

The symbiote most likely just adopts characteristics of its initial host, so that those characteristics get retained and inherited by secondary hosts such as Eddie Brock / Venom and Cletus Kasady / Carnage.

How come they look like spiderman though

Which is a spider

I mean they dont look like a Goblin or anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39,262 posts

Spiderman looks like a man in costume.

Cosmic Spiderman Venom would be pretty bad arse though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,388 posts
Just now, porcupine48 said:

Spiderman looks like a man in costume.

Cosmic Spiderman Venom would be pretty bad arse though

They have cosmic carnage

But let's be honest

Knull looks like a wraith from stargate Atlantis 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,036 posts
3 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Wasn't there another Star Trek episode explaining why there are so many species in the galaxy that look humanoid? 

IIRC, it was called "Budget Constraint" ?

lol

But yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39,262 posts
On 7/12/2019 at 7:33 PM, Lazyboy said:

lol

But yes.

It's been a long while since I watched that one,better dust off my vhs and give a play.Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39,262 posts
On 7/12/2019 at 4:03 PM, Hollywood1892 said:

They have cosmic carnage

Ah,my ken  of the Marvel Universe starts to fade rapidly after about 1993.I've caught up some here and there but didn't here about this one yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,388 posts
1 hour ago, porcupine48 said:

Ah,my ken  of the Marvel Universe starts to fade rapidly after about 1993.I've caught up some here and there but didn't here about this one yet.

Amazing spiderman 431

I think he takes silver surfers board

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1