• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Marvel Labels - no purple for restored books?
2 2

32 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Brittany M. said:

The Marvel labels are only for Universal and Signature Series books. They are not for Restoration or Qualified books. Those books should have Purple Restoration labels.

Please send them back in and I will have all the labels fixed immediately.

Email: bmcmanus@cgccomics.com

Makes sense, but you think there will be less errors about this moving forward though? I think a few will still slip through the cracks. 

Doubt that everyone who has or have recently bought a new hero label with the restored book would re-submit for a purple label. I believe those people who gotten away with this would quickly sell them to maximize profits. Of course there are some good souls out there who would turn them back in for the appropriate label color.

1 hour ago, Brittany M. said:

The Marvel labels are only for Universal and Signature Series books. They are not for Restoration or Qualified books. Those books should have Purple Restoration labels.

Please send them back in and I will have all the labels fixed immediately.

Email: bmcmanus@cgccomics.com

Epic fail.  Harshen should commit Hari-Kari immediately, as I can no longer live with his shame.

These books all appear to have come from different submissions so who knows how many restored books sipped through the cracks like this. I agree Wpic fail. Regardless of these resto books slipping through the cracks I was not a fan of these labels to begin with.

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

I was more concerned that they were allowing resto books in the custom labels, misusing the blue universals & compensating with resto notes. 

A handful of mislabeled books in the wild that got by QC isn't a big deal to me. :whatev:

yeah this was my initial concern hence why I started the thread as I wasn't sure if it was a policy change or oversite about the label colours and a new thing with the new labels like some other grading companies do... but now that its confirmed its a QC error I am ok with that just need to keep a sharp eye out.

36 minutes ago, D84 said:
6 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

I would ask, though, who would want to return a blue universal for a purple or green?  No matter to keep or sell. 

Honesty?

I don't disagree, unfortunately that isn't always the first option for some.  I found a few more marvel labels with trimmed and other defects.  Simply stated, it was a poorly executed idea.  Cool label graphics but poor execution.  I just bought an ASM 6 with a Spidey label, that  notes tape on cover.  I clearly saw the tape, but now I wonder if the book may have gotten a green label, as I bought it prior to knowing about this snafu. 

6 minutes ago, Spidey 62 said:

I don't disagree, unfortunately that isn't always the first option for some.  I found a few more marvel labels with trimmed and other defects.  Simply stated, it was a poorly executed idea.  Cool label graphics but poor execution.  I just bought an ASM 6 with a Spidey label, that  notes tape on cover.  I clearly saw the tape, but now I wonder if the book may have gotten a green label, as I bought it prior to knowing about this snafu. 

8.5 is the highest CGC blue label grade I've ever seen for a comic with tape. I believe we also discussed a 9.0 with tape once on this forum, not totally sure. So 8.0 is definitely within the realm of CGC tolerances for a blue label finding on a book with minor tape.

12 minutes ago, Spidey 62 said:

Sorry to hear about that.

35 minutes ago, Spidey 62 said:

I've seen plenty of blue labels with that notation of "tape", maybe not quite that high of grade, but I don't think it belongs in a green label.

CGC changed their designation on tape, now to only grade it as if it wasn't there and give it a blue label...

Hope that helps!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

33 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
1 hour ago, Spidey 62 said:

I've seen plenty of blue labels with that notation of "tape", maybe not quite that high of grade, but I don't think it belongs in a green label.

CGC changed their designation on tape, now to only grade it as if it wasn't there and give it a blue label...

Hope that helps!

It does.  I will still probably be looking to upgrade, if for nothing else, a better presenting copy within the year. 

12 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

8.5 is the highest CGC blue label grade I've ever seen for a comic with tape. I believe we also discussed a 9.0 with tape once on this forum, not totally sure. So 8.0 is definitely within the realm of CGC tolerances for a blue label finding on a book with minor tape.

this exactly.. I read the same thing in a thread here before where someone had tape on a 8.5 grade