• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM DD 1

14 posts in this topic

Not sure if thats a terrible crease on the front cover to if it was a tear and someone tried to glue it back I really don't know what to make of it... pages 12-14 are detached and the book has heavy spine split. Thank you!

IMG_3686.jpeg

IMG_3687.jpeg

IMG_3688.jpeg

IMG_3689.jpeg

IMG_3690.jpeg

IMG_3691.jpeg

IMG_3692.jpeg

IMG_3693.jpeg

IMG_3694.jpeg

IMG_3695.jpeg

IMG_3696.jpeg

1 hour ago, silversufer27 said:

first of all amazing book regardless of the grade also I would tape back the missing pages if you can do that the book is not even that bad the cover still looks really nice maybe if you restore it it can help but I would say if you can tape the pages this is a 4.5 book. without the pages 3.0

I believe taping back the pages would be considered restoration and I want to make sure it gets a blue label so I wouldn't want to do that.

I'd guess 2.0 to maybe 2.5, docking harshly for the splits and the eroded staples. Any chance the covers have been reglossed or restored in some way? They seem to have a strong glossy sheen, yet the book has stains and wear. The pic of the top edge split is a bit odd too; the long split edges look so sharp. Is the top staple added perhaps? In general something feels a bit off, but can't quite put my finger on it.

18 hours ago, Point Five said:

I'd guess 2.0 to maybe 2.5, docking harshly for the splits and the eroded staples. Any chance the covers have been reglossed or restored in some way? They seem to have a strong glossy sheen, yet the book has stains and wear. The pic of the top edge split is a bit odd too; the long split edges look so sharp. Is the top staple added perhaps? In general something feels a bit off, but can't quite put my finger on it.

I completely agree with what your saying something seems off. The cover does have some sort of gloss to looks like. As well the book appears ti have rust migration on the pages or some staining from rusted staples but yet the staples are not rusted? It seems very weird...

IMG_3757.jpeg

IMG_3759.jpeg

IMG_3758.jpeg

IMG_3760.jpeg

2 hours ago, Chris350dx said:

I completely agree with what your saying something seems off. The cover does have some sort of gloss to looks like. As well the book appears ti have rust migration on the pages or some staining from rusted staples but yet the staples are not rusted? It seems very weird...

Right. Seems like reglossing and staple replacement at minimum.

In any case, it's a book that's great to own in any condition.  (thumbsu

4 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Right. Seems like reglossing and staple replacement at minimum.

In any case, it's a book that's great to own in any condition.  (thumbsu

I'm assuming then if graded it would get a restored label?