• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the print runs for amazing spiderman 430 and 431?
1 1

17 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, silversufer27 said:

it says low print run

:eyeroll: Don't believe everything you read.

Print runs were likely in the 200k range, based on the Statement of Ownership that covers those issues.

2 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

:eyeroll: Don't believe everything you read.

Print runs were likely in the 200k range, based on the Statement of Ownership that covers those issues.

are you sure? cause its a pretty pricey book and i know the later asm's have low print runs.

Just now, Martin Sinescu said:

My spreadsheet says 69,300 for 430 and 66,200 for 431 (pretty positive I got those off Comichron, just don't feel like checking the site to verify). Low-ish for ASM, but they dropped even lower a few years later.

alright thanks im gonna check that website out but 66,000 seems about right I dont know why its that low I mean its silver surfer with carnage thats super cool.

19 minutes ago, silversufer27 said:

alright thanks im gonna check that website out but 66,000 seems about right I dont know why its that low I mean its silver surfer with carnage thats super cool.

That's just where the book was at that point. X-Books, Marvel's Heroes Reborn reboots and Image stuff was all outselling ASM at that point. Sales had been on a downward trajectory for a few years and kind of leveled out at just under 70k near the end of the original run. 400 was a big deal publicity-wise, but that's where I finally dropped the title and I don't think it had much going for it after that. I think it was just getting squeezed out by all the aforementioned series.

3 hours ago, silversufer27 said:

are you sure? cause its a pretty pricey book and i know the later asm's have low print runs.

Yes.

2 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

My spreadsheet says 69,300 for 430 and 66,200 for 431 (pretty positive I got those off Comichron, just don't feel like checking the site to verify). Low-ish for ASM, but they dropped even lower a few years later.

Yes, those are the distribution numbers for those issues that appear on Comichron. Which are neither print runs nor complete distribution numbers.

2 hours ago, silversufer27 said:

Because, by the time those books came out, the comics industry was in the midst of a full-scale crash, and everything was suffering. Plus, Spiderman was at its lowest point possibly ever, after the absolutely disastrous events of the clone saga (not to be outdone until the One More Day nonsense several years later.) The print runs for those books aren't particularly low, but perspective is always necessary: Spiderman is one of the most collected comic titles in the world, and so books that had even a moderate print run and sell-through are going to appear scarcer than other books that may have had much lower runs/sales.

12 hours ago, silversufer27 said:

430 is the first appearance of Cosmic Carnage.

431 first full appearance.

Everyone has to charge a premium now, because Cosmic Carnage will be in a movie within the next 150 years.

6 hours ago, Catwomancomics said:

430 is the first appearance of Cosmic Carnage.

431 first full appearance.

Everyone has to charge a premium now, because Cosmic Carnage will be in a movie within the next 150 years.

yeah I read 430 its not even a 1st appearance its just a cameo idk why everyone calls 430 his 1st appearance.

Edited by silversufer27

2 hours ago, silversufer27 said:

no if you actually read it hes just in one panel no way a 1st appearance  

You asked why people believe it’s a first appearance and I just reported a site with info. (Not that it’s correct)

:baiting:Your beef is with comicbookdb.com,  not me.

There might also be other sources reporting the same info.

Edited by Catwomancomics

22 hours ago, silversufer27 said:

yeah I read 430 its not even a 1st appearance its just a cameo idk why everyone calls 430 his 1st appearance.

First appearance of what? It's a 2-part story from 20 years ago with no lasting significance (AFAIK).

I’m a fan of Carnage but I never cared to read ASM 430-431. It seemed ridiculous that a power cosmic entity such as the SS would be susceptible to a symbiote. He should be able to pull a Sentry-esque ending to Carnage with little work. 

I’ve been very surprised at the value these books have been seeing. ASM410    seems to make more sense for importance IMHO.

1 hour ago, Joosh said:

I’m a fan of Carnage but I never cared to read ASM 430-431. It seemed ridiculous that a power cosmic entity such as the SS would be susceptible to a symbiote. He should be able to pull a Sentry-esque ending to Carnage with little work. 

I’ve been very surprised at the value these books have been seeing. ASM410    seems to make more sense for importance IMHO.

yeah it seems kinda stupid also but spiderman silver surfer and carnage are some of my favorite characters and like I said before since asms had a low print run at that point I guess they were desperate for something  and they did this im for sure gonna get 431(the cover is awesome some people think its terrible but I think its great.)  but 430 I will only get it nm for 20 bucks or lower.