• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Never doing sketch or signature series without Cgc at the show again!
1 1

20 posts in this topic

I am done.. finished . An entire arm of collecting is nearly closed off. Went out to a show to pick up a piece of original art from Scott Williams a few months ago. While I was there I had him sign and remark a copy of the book. Since I was going to be there I commissioned Larry Stroman to do a sketch cover. CGC was not at the show but a very well known local facilitator was there and took my books to submit. I never heard from them when I reached out they realized they lost a box of books after they came back from CGC!!! They made good and refunded me what I had into them in cash, but that does not replace the experience.. to add insult to injury when asked for the cert numbers to see if someone tried to sell them .. they both were 9.8s lol

below are the books- if anyone sees them for sale please let me know. 

Thanks

68D46436-CB75-4F81-9805-A262A5C3C2EC.jpeg

2B879E09-5A09-4B14-9148-4E44167F8E8D.jpeg

2 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I am done.. finished . An entire arm of collecting is nearly closed off. Went out to a show to pick up a piece of original art from Scott Williams a few months ago. While I was there I had him sign and remark a copy of the book. Since I was going to be there I commissioned Larry Stroman to do a sketch cover. CGC was not at the show but a very well known local facilitator was there and took my books to submit. I never heard from them when I reached out they realized they lost a box of books after they came back from CGC!!! They made good and refunded me what I had into them in cash, but that does not replace the experience.. to add insult to injury when asked for the cert numbers to see if someone tried to sell them .. they both were 9.8s lol

below are the books- if anyone sees them for sale please let me know. 

Thanks

68D46436-CB75-4F81-9805-A262A5C3C2EC.jpeg

2B879E09-5A09-4B14-9148-4E44167F8E8D.jpeg

I’m so sorry to hear that.  I hope they turn up and if I see them at any Midwest shows I’ll sound the alarm.  Also, can you post the very numbers?  That may help if they are indeed found and are still slabbed (from my experience police or anyone not familiar with comics asks about a serial number or identification number.) 

Good luck!!!

1 hour ago, SkOw said:

I’m so sorry to hear that.  I hope they turn up and if I see them at any Midwest shows I’ll sound the alarm.  Also, can you post the very numbers?  That may help if they are indeed found and are still slabbed (from my experience police or anyone not familiar with comics asks about a serial number or identification number.) 

Good luck!!!

Thanks @SkOwthe more people looking the better!

here is the cert info 

Certification #: 1959174010
Title: Uncanny X-Men
Issue: 1
Issue Date: 1/19
Issue Year: 2019
Publisher: Marvel Comics
Grade: 9.8
Total Graded At: 10
Page Quality: WHITE
Grade Date: 06/20/2019
Variant: Sketch Edition
Category: Signature
Art Comments: Brisson, Rosenberg & Thompson story
Mahmud Asrar art
Key Comments: Uncanny X-Men #620
Signatures: SIGNED & SKETCH BY LARRY STROMAN ON 4/14/19
Grader Notes: None Available

Certification #: 1959174011
Title: Uncanny X-Men
Issue: 13
Issue Date: 5/19
Issue Year: 2019
Publisher: Marvel Comics
Grade: 9.8
Total Graded At: 1
Page Quality: WHITE
Grade Date: 06/20/2019
Variant: Williams Variant Cover
Category: Signature
Art Comments: Matthew Rosenberg story
Salvador Larroca art
Scott Williams cover
Key Comments: Uncanny X-Men #632
Signatures: SIGNED & SKETCH BY SCOTT WILLIAMS ON 4/14/19
Grader Notes: None Available

Man that is terrible.

So you have the paperwork and know the cert numbers.  Could CGC not provide the info on where they books were sent to?  Maybe even getting the police involved they could get the information?

Just now, Crops068 said:

Man that is terrible.

So you have the paperwork and know the cert numbers.  Could CGC not provide the info on where they books were sent to?  Maybe even getting the police involved they could get the information?

Thanks- 

The books made it back to the facilitator. It is a comic store- the books went missing after they were received, I have no clue how it happened, neither does the owner. I said someone must have stolen them, he said he checked his video and nothing... So I have no idea. 

4 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

He said they wound up in a weird box in the basement. No one knows how or why... but I am not complaining lol 

Based on zero information, I'd say the thief is an insider for the store and put them back before getting caught when you were "too loud" online. 

Captain Obvious signing off. :shy:

glad to hear you got your books back .

I had a similar experience with a shop not going to name it but I went in to get my books and they lost them and couldn't find it they almost gave me someone else's submission with same last name. Two days later they found them in a different section of the store and are not sure how it got there, 

5 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:
40 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Based on zero information, I'd say...

As always...

lol

Send me your IP address.  I'll apply it to block that useless CGCdata.com for you. :foryou: