• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An eBayer started the return process before he even received the book...
2 2

48 posts in this topic

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:06 AM, Martin Sinescu said:

....because it reinforces the idea that honor, accountability and integrity have become scarce commodities in the faceless internet age?

It's a world of Instant Gratification and Self Entitlement being replenished with adult children who want it NOW!

23 minutes ago, Donald Jack said:

He normally doesn't like to sell outside of America but he did make an exception and sold to a buyer in Belgium.

Based on my limited experience on eBay and stories like this, I would never sell outside the US without using eBay's Global Shipping... except to Canada.

In my own personal experience (selling baseball cards, coins, stamps, and comic books), I've had more "stupid" issues within the U.S. than I have overseas, Global Shipping or otherwise.  Years ago I found the overseas market was better for my collectibles as it was much harder to get and buys tended to jump on the Buy it Now price much quicker.  These days, I rarely see overseas buyers which kind of skews my "incident" issues to U.S. buying.

I recently "sold" a beautiful 2019 W quarter (by the if you find any of these...hang on to them as they sell for a premium...sometimes fetching over $100 for a quarter you get in your change since the mint only made 2 million of each issues this year) for $28 while others were selling in the $40-50 range (the week prior they were going for $90-110).  The buyer never paid and I wrote to ask if he/she still wanted the quarter and the response was "Why would I want it?".  I blocked him, listed it again, and it sold a second time (for $16.50) to a different buyer with a feedback of 4.  Again, he/she didn't pay and I wrote to ask if he/she still wanted it and received "Why would I want it?".  Either a strange coincidence or he/she places many bids and goes with the best deals.

Gotta love it...

DJ

Edited by Donald Jack

Gotta love the boards.  I was about to accept a "best offer" from AllKindsOfFunStuff79.  I searched on the boards, and that username didn't come up.  A good sign, I thought. 

Then I Googled the name, which took me to this exact page on the boards.  It's odd to me that Google found this page, but the search within the forum did not.  In any event, I know now it's not worth the potential hassle of a buyer's remorse return at my expense.  Blocked. 

Thanks, @oldrover

On 7/13/2019 at 8:06 AM, Martin Sinescu said:

....because it reinforces the idea that honor, accountability and integrity have become scarce commodities in the faceless internet age?

There's still a bit of that type of respect on this forum, but eBay can be quite a cesspool. I have to admit, our very beloved comic medium hasn't gone a long way in promoting honor and integrity in the last couple of decades, nor has Hollywood. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

2 hours ago, oldrover said:

I will say in defense of eBay that I sold off the lions share of my collection there (12 longboxes), and had excellent experiences there by and large, with both small AND big ticket items. 

I've sold quite a bit on ebay over the last few months and haven't had any issues. I've only ever had a couple of issues total with ebay. Once as a buyer and once as a seller, they were minor.  I know bad experiences happen every day on ebay, so I guess I've just been fortunate. With more volume would come more likely interaction with the dinglebutts of the world.