• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for some good reference books

11 posts in this topic

Would like some feedback on purchasing some good reference books on Frazetta and Wrightson.  I've looked at Amazon and I see alot of conflicting comments about some of the books, so I figured I would ask for advice here, from some professional OA collectors.  Anyway, please let me know what you are using, if your using.

I'm probably not the most objective source, because I love everything I've got...

Testament: The Life & Art of Frank Frazetta

Frazetta Sketchbook

Illustrations Arcanum

Rough Work

The Definitive Frazetta

The key is to find the best price available for any reference book.  Some are available on the Frazetta Museum site, for example, at cheaper prices than on Amazon/ebay.

Edited by exitmusicblue

On 7/13/2019 at 11:00 AM, RB3 said:

Would like some feedback on purchasing some good reference books on Frazetta and Wrightson.  I've looked at Amazon and I see alot of conflicting comments about some of the books, so I figured I would ask for advice here, from some professional OA collectors.  Anyway, please let me know what you are using, if your using.

Good luck !

I use gettextbooks.com for these same kinds of searches. You can set price target alerts as well because most used book sellers are...overpriced.

With regard to Frazetta, do you want his oils, a mix of oils, pencils, inks and watercolors?

3 hours ago, cstojano said:

I use gettextbooks.com for these same kinds of searches. You can set price target alerts as well because most used book sellers are...overpriced.

With regard to Frazetta, do you want his oils, a mix of oils, pencils, inks and watercolors?

Looking more for pencils and inks.