• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paypal Shipping - Flat Rate Envelopes

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know about Flat Rate Envelopes shipped through Paypal?

When I've been in to Paypal Shipping it seems like there is only one choice / one price for Flat Rate Envelopes, whether regular or legal size, whereas on the USPS postage site, there are different choices with slight price differences.

Did Paypal get a deal where all these envelopes are the same price?

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

Does anyone know about Flat Rate Envelopes shipped through Paypal?

When I've been in to Paypal Shipping it seems like there is only one choice / one price for Flat Rate Envelopes, whether regular or legal size, whereas on the USPS postage site, there are different choices with slight price differences.

Did Paypal get a deal where all these envelopes are the same price?

No. If you are buying your shipping through Paypal Shipping they only have a few options. They also don't have Regional Rate Box A (just as an example). If you go through the USPS site you can get everything.

21 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

No. If you are buying your shipping through Paypal Shipping they only have a few options. They also don't have Regional Rate Box A (just as an example). If you go through the USPS site you can get everything.

So if I'm doing a legal flat rate envelope, I have to go to USPS?

Yeah, or test your luck. I shipped legal flat rate at the flat rate a few times early on. I stopped when I realized I was doing it wrong. With that said, my wife used it to ship legal flat rate last month and didn’t have an issue. 

Yes, but you can go through the USPS site and pay with Paypal - I do it all the time.

5 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

Yes, but you can go through the USPS site and pay with Paypal - I do it all the time.

I am all over that.  Paypal offers the discounted price on shipping, so that is what I was looking for.

4 hours ago, lizards2 said:
4 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:
6 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I am all over that.  Paypal offers the discounted price on shipping, so that is what I was looking for.

It doesn't work that way. You can ship via USPS.com and pay with PayPal (or credit card) but you don't get the PayPal discount.

46 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

It doesn't work that way. You can ship via USPS.com and pay with PayPal (or credit card) but you don't get the PayPal discount.

That's true.