• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it worth it to restore AMS 8 (1964)??

13 posts in this topic

if your reselling it most don't like the purple label. So best to keep it in blue label or unrestored quality. 

depends on the cost of your restoration and the value of the comic after restoration, and possibly the cost you have into the comic already.  Do the research, do the math, then make your own opinion.

As already stated a Higher Grade Restored book is probably worth less than the same book in Lower Grade Raw.

IMO Amazing Spider-Man 8 is not a key, it is a Nice Book and an Early ASM so you should be Proud to own it regardless of its condition, If it were me I would bag/board the book and spend my money on other books I wanted/needed for my collection.

I would just grade it and sell it you could get a few 100 maybe depending on the grade I would get scans or better pictures from different angles and back cover post it in the hey buddy can you spare a grade (PGM) section of forum and see what grade other people think it might be then look of past e bay sales and bam! There you go comickicing 101 lol 

Edited by Krishosein

17 hours ago, Krishosein said:

I would just grade it and sell it you could get a few 100 maybe depending on the grade I would get scans or better pictures from different angles and back cover post it in the hey buddy can you spare a grade (PGM) section of forum and see what grade other people think it might be then look of past e bay sales and bam! There you go comickicing 101 lol 

Just for Sh**s and Giggles lets do it now.

From what I can see we are in the VG 4.0 range.

Recent eBay sold Auctions show ASM 8 VG 4.0 selling for around $150.00 while a CGC VG 4.0 sold for $255.00. (Your results may vary)

I have no idea on the cost of grading is so...

8 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

Just for Sh**s and Giggles lets do it now.

From what I can see we are in the VG 4.0 range.

Recent eBay sold Auctions show ASM 8 VG 4.0 selling for around $150.00 while a CGC VG 4.0 sold for $255.00. (Your results may vary)

I have no idea on the cost of grading is so...

yeah GPA has a 4.0 at 256 a 5.0 at 339 so depends on what he gets as a grade but yeah not to far off with a few 100 meaning 200 lol 

1 hour ago, marvelmaniac said:

Basically for arguments sake lets just be conservative (because we do not really know) we are looking at a $100.00 difference between raw and graded, what is the cost of grading?

note sure depends on shipping etc.. but lets guesstimate 50$ W/ shipping as I think he would sub it under Value for 27$ 10% If he's a member. 

Value

$200
$27