• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alternate investment strategy - sell your collection for just a few high dollar comics
3 3

66 posts in this topic

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:12 PM, kav said:

Alternate investment strategy:
Become Hollywood producer.  Buy a bunch of multiple copies of drek with woodgod, 3D Man etc then create movies featuring those characters.  Sell and use proceeds to fund next movie with hellcat, Youngblood etc.

Also known as the @BITCOINSWAMI path to prosperity!

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 5:25 PM, Ride the Tiger said:

Can't help but think bitcoinswami would have some great knowledge to share on this.

He would definitely trade an ASM #1 to go drek diving.  Sometimes I miss that fool and his alt-wisdom...  :/

4 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

He would definitely trade an ASM #1 to go drek diving.  Sometimes I miss that fool and his alt-wisdom...  :/

Screenshot 2019-07-18 at 12.07.40 PM.png

On 7/13/2019 at 9:03 PM, Getoutandstayout said:

Jay Parrino of Heritage Auctions once suggested to coin collectors to sell off their collections of mostly lower to medium-priced coins and with that money, buy a half-dozen really valuable coins in high demand.

Not that I disagree with this advice in general, because I 100% go for quality over quantity for all the reasons people have already stated, but consider the source for this advice, someone who stands to make money for every transaction he can get anyone to make, whether it’s a buy or a sell.

Started this as project after I got back into collecting after a big move and a few 'off' years.
Decided what were my Top 50 slabs around December.
Everything else could and would eventually go on eBay (or donated).
Repurposed (consolidated?) the monies from multiple eBay sales this year into a handful of CGC books.
These newly acquired CGC books have now replaced some of the OG 2018/9 Top 50.
Rinse, repeat, hanuka matata.

Edited by umyeahwhatevers