• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can we have some SDCC pics ?
6 6

148 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

:applause:

what a book.....great to see it in person, it was I think 1972 was the last time I saw it in a stack of timleys that Nick and Mike had just bought and taken to Berkley Con..72/73

39 minutes ago, SLR5 said:

Are you talking about the boy next to you or the the comic?

I’m not in the photo, ...but Jeff, his son and the 9.4 Cap look like they’re having a splendid time.

I’m next to the Karl Strauss growler on the table.  ;)

John Morrow running the TwoMorrows Publishing panel on Friday.  There were 34 attendees in a room that had a capacity of over 200.

John publishes Alter Ego, Back Issue, and Jack Kirby Collector magazines and a host of great books on comic book history.

54408109-A34E-4E68-BBE1-3960CEABB47B.jpeg

Edited by BitterOldMan

1 hour ago, BitterOldMan said:

John Morrow running the TwoMorrows Publishing panel on Friday.  There were 34 attendees in a room that had a capacity of over 200.

John publishes Alter Ego, Back Issue, and Jack Kirby Collector magazines and a host of great books on comic book history.

John has  just published American Comic Book Chronicles 1940-1944...it is the BEST book out there, I also own the 1 1950-1959 Volume , as well as 1960-65. 66-69 etc. I cannot recommend any book any higher...these are fantastic. If you go to the website you can flip thru and check out the book.....its SUPER

Edited by Mmehdy

7 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

Who else was on the panel?

8 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Who else was on the panel?

This was the only panel that I attended.  On Saturday, there was an 80th Anniversary Panel on Archie Super Heroes comics, where they gave away Shield G-Man button and card, but I was long gone.

The World of TwoMorrows 25th Anniversary

TwoMorrows Publishing is celebrating their 25th anniversary with a look back at the company's beginnings and the crazy things that've happened during a quarter-century quest to create the future of comics history. Comic-Con special guest Jon B. Cooke (Comic Book Artist /Comic Book Creator magazine editor) and panelists P .C. Hamerlinck (Alter Ego /FCA editor), Keith Dallas (editor of the American Comic Book Chronicles series, and co-author of the Eisner Award–nominated book Comic Book Implosion), Mike Manley (Draw! magazine editor), and Dewey Cassell (author of the Eisner -nominated book Mike Grell: Life Is Drawing Without an Eraser) will share what TwoMorrows has in store for 2020 and beyond. Moderated by publisher (and Jack Kirby Collector editor) John Morrow.

3 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

Always great to see the legendary GAtor.

Sometimes not so great to smell him.

17 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

This was the only panel that I attended.  On Saturday, there was an 80th Anniversary Panel on Archie Super Heroes comics, where they gave away Shield G-Man button and card, but I was long gone.

The World of TwoMorrows 25th Anniversary

TwoMorrows Publishing is celebrating their 25th anniversary with a look back at the company's beginnings and the crazy things that've happened during a quarter-century quest to create the future of comics history. Comic-Con special guest Jon B. Cooke (Comic Book Artist /Comic Book Creator magazine editor) and panelists P .C. Hamerlinck (Alter Ego /FCA editor), Keith Dallas (editor of the American Comic Book Chronicles series, and co-author of the Eisner Award–nominated book Comic Book Implosion), Mike Manley (Draw! magazine editor), and Dewey Cassell (author of the Eisner -nominated book Mike Grell: Life Is Drawing Without an Eraser) will share what TwoMorrows has in store for 2020 and beyond. Moderated by publisher (and Jack Kirby Collector editor) John Morrow.

That looked like a good panel. I think if I went, that’s about all I could afford to do...

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

That looked like a good panel. I think if I went, that’s about all I could afford to do...

Regrettably, I missed this panel.  Looking at the room size and audience, I should’ve made the effort.

Some fans attend SDCC just for the panels, even camping out overnight to keep a place in line.   Those who attended should probably be grateful that neither Tom Cruise nor the cast of any current Marvel/Disney productions were featured on this one.

Edited by Cat-Man_America

26 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Regrettably, I missed this panel.  Looking at the room size and audience, I should’ve made the effort.

Some fans attend SDCC just for the panels, even camping out overnight to keep a place in line.   Those who attended should probably be grateful that neither Tom Cruise nor the cast of any current Marvel/Disney productions were featured on this one.

R U sure about that...:devil:

147B5EFA-CCBB-4501-B8A1-8BAEB1959C25.gif.a86673202085c55eb6439a0270ae57c7.gif