• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can we have some SDCC pics ?
6 6

148 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Anyone else Noticing a lot more Tec 38’s.  Similar to the days of 5 or 6 years ago before they started to dry up a bit ? 

There are at least 10 more copies (Universal + Restored) on the census than 2-3 years ago ..

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 minute ago, Gotham Kid said:
35 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Anyone else Noticing a lot more Tec 38’s.  Similar to the days of 5 or 6 years ago before they started to dry up a bit ? 

There at least 10 more copies (Universal + Restored) on the census than 2-3 years ago ..

Do you think they are all new copies or might some be the result of resubmits without sending in the old label? 

53 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Do you think they are all new copies or might some be the result of resubmits without sending in the old label? 

The Universals seem for the most part to be new copies

21 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

79911B09-4238-4F8F-901A-B3F1E90090AE_zps

Great book Cat. I had a low grade copy Red Raven in with Superman 4 and few early Spiderman's. I had a friend that i was helping stay with me and 10 years later he came to me to say he traded them to the baseball store for Baseball cards and he is sorry. I thought I might still have the Red Raven since that was my Dup's box but :sorry:

54 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Great book Cat. I had a low grade copy Red Raven in with Superman 4 and few early Spiderman's. I had a friend that i was helping stay with me and 10 years later he came to me to say he traded them to the baseball store for Baseball cards and he is sorry. I thought I might still have the Red Raven since that was my Dup's box but :sorry:

Red Raven #1 for a 52’ Mantle rookie?

Say it ain’t so, Joe...:devil:

A0FB3D40-AFF2-479B-8CEE-66320BDFD547.jpeg.bb3334dbecf7060b73ddbded0c4594ca.jpeg

58 minutes ago, woowoo said:

It took you 10 years to notice that your Red Raven 1 and Superman 4 were missing??? 

5 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Red Raven #1 for a 52’ Mantle rookie?

Say it ain’t so, Joe...:devil:

A0FB3D40-AFF2-479B-8CEE-66320BDFD547.jpeg.bb3334dbecf7060b73ddbded0c4594ca.jpeg

I'm thinking it was more likely to be Marv Thronberry's rookie card. (Which actually may be worth something for all I know of that market.)

40 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

It took you 10 years to notice that your Red Raven 1 and Superman 4 were missing??? 

was in my junk pile and Dup pile and I was out of coll 1989 to 1998 a time in my life that was blank :frown:

SDCC’s 50th was pretty amazing.  Snagged several drool worthy comics, so it turned out to be a great show for acquisitions.  Sorry ‘bout not providing more wall pics.  I’ll try to make up for it by taking wall shots at Chicago Wizard in several weeks.  In my own defense, I was pretty busy a lot of the time meeting up with friends and negotiating for wheel-house books.  Also on the plus side, neither my wife nor I were creamed by any careening Bird scooters, so this year’s ComicCon was a winner in every way.   (thumbsu

3 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Sorry ‘bout not providing more wall pics

That’s ok, Cat.  You are the only one that showed us the train and the countryside. lol    If you come back to Texas the same way you went to San Diego, which appeared to be by mule train, I expect more

We will wanna see what books you picked up. 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

1 hour ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Ah, well that last part I can accommodate even though I couldn’t pack my spiffy HP Scanjet 8300 this trip!

These are my newest “prizes” ...including two more very Timely pride/joys...

Hide contents

6502D640-D9E6-4F5C-A8D1-8B4439C85B57_zps

Hide contents

78A76253-4ED0-48F6-B7E4-8676FD0FF44B_zps

Hide contents

089230F4-76F4-47FE-9703-E7FA35767094_zps

Those last two Timely acquisitions anticipate my next grand sojourn ...Chicago Wizard!  :D

You had to have an amazing show.  How many pint did you down to celebrate