• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torpedo con

30 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, First Upgrade said:

I guesstimate that asking Moy, Mignola, or even Synder directly might solve this caper...no offense given @AnkurJ

20190307_144835.jpg

I was at Albert's booth when he was explaining to someone how he got them.  It was a long answer and I don't remember because I wasn't really listening.  I was just looking through a stack of art and didn't want to eavesdrop but I don't think it was a big secret.  

25 minutes ago, Peter L said:

I don't think it was a big secret.  

Nor, do I...I didn't actually phone the Scooby Doo Detective Agency...

Back on topic...based on what I was shown & told about the quality & quantity of merch. in the room, I am seriously considering attending Torpedo Con next year. [I almost followed through with visiting the NYC Comic Art Con this past April, but, decided to cancel approaching the last minute...for apparent reasons, I am thankful that I did.] 

1 hour ago, Stevemmg said:

It looks like the Jim Silke Red Sonja is in Albert’s booth?  I don’t see it on his website.  I’m interested in the piece if anyone recalls who had it for sure or even the price (pushing my luck). Thanks. 

Not sure who used to own it but I know who framed it for the previous owner. Steve Wyatt.

5 hours ago, Peter L said:

I was at Albert's booth when he was explaining to someone how he got them.  It was a long answer and I don't remember because I wasn't really listening.  I was just looking through a stack of art and didn't want to eavesdrop but I don't think it was a big secret.  

That was one of the things I really liked about it being set up the way it was (narrow aisles): It seemed like you were always around some sort of action going down. Show had very good energy. Plus, the venue (a Hollywood concert venue) was just more cool to be hanging out in than the Hilton basement.

One amusing touch: when we entered, we heard symphonic music playing that set the tone. Someone must have told them "it's an art show" so the DJ had classical music flowing from overhead. I liked it!.. it lasted a while, too, before finally being overrun by Classic Rock

9 hours ago, J.Sid said:

the DJ had classical music flowing from overhead

Now, every comic art show I attend must have classical music... nay, a string quartet! And champagne. And finger sandwiches. And handy wipes for after the finger sandwiches. Because nothing says money like handy wipes.