• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Approaching 3,000 post in 13 years on the CGC boards, what I would like.
3 3

75 posts in this topic

Shockingly, among those on this thread I am the oldest in CGC-board years, though not posting quantity and certainly not comic knowledge,...unless someone had to re-boot their username back in 2013 (jsilverjanet?)

36 minutes ago, the blob said:

Shockingly, among those on this thread I am the oldest in CGC-board years, though not posting quantity and certainly not comic knowledge,...unless someone had to re-boot their username back in 2013 (jsilverjanet?)

Please don't make me feel any older    :preach:

Edited by bc

Hmmm...

Not referring to anyone in specific but...

You don't have to be a rude know it all blowhard when dealing with new members on these boards.  If you don't want to take the time to answer questions then don't, its that simple.

Respect on a chat board?  That and 2 bits will buy you a cup of coffee (oops not anymore!)

There are a lot of subjects here that people diametrically disagree with like pressing and even slabbing books!  All this on a slabbing companies boards!

I thought this was a hobby but it seems more like a competition.

22 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

Hmmm...

You don't have to be a rude know it all blowhard when dealing with new members on these boards.  If you don't want to take the time to answer questions then don't, its that simple.

Respect on a chat board?  That and 2 bits will buy you a cup of coffee (oops not anymore!)

There are a lot of subjects here that people diametrically disagree with like pressing and even slabbing books!  All this on a slabbing companies boards!

The ebay boards were worse. The same 10 people bickering constantly.

8 hours ago, the blob said:

That's cool. 

In a grass roots society, or a native American society, 

that would hold a position of great honor. 

I think you should be called Chief or something 

49 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:
58 minutes ago, Senormac said:

That's cool. 

In a grass roots society, or a native American society, 

that would hold a position of great honor. 

I think you should be called Chief or something 

Chief Queef

So you are connecting The blob, 

a revered and ancient poster on these boards.....

to a fart ? 

Dang, you are newb .  

Light a candle when you get to 1000 posts :popcorn:

On 7/15/2019 at 6:19 PM, Buzzetta said:

So you don't want to see pics of me at the horse rescue, cider house brewery, and then wine tasting from Saturday while on the North Fork the other day? 

I will be heading back to Fire Island in a week or two... 

I want to see pics of you at the horse rescue.  #MAKEITHAPPEN

10 minutes ago, kav said:

I want to see pics of you at the horse rescue.  #MAKEITHAPPEN

I posted them on instagram.  I once accidentally posted pics of myself here on NYE.  I promptly deleted them for the betterment of the boards. 

23 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

Hmmm...

Silly you thinking this could be fun.

1 hour ago, Karl Liebl said:

Cryptic.  Elaborate please...

you said these boards often feel like a competition (competitions are often negative connotations) instead of a hobby (conversely "just a hobby' is often a positive connotation) . You mentioned you don't have to be a rude blow hard in answering a noobs noobie questions but I guess rude blow hards really have no choice in being rude blowhards. so I suppose that's impossibe. I'm sometimes amazed that CGC deems these boards worth their time, expenditure and money. I fully expect CGC to throw in the towel any second now just from the pure hassle of it all. When this does go down I wonder what's gonna happen to these kind guys that are extra rude to newcomers, how are they gonna spend their years of accumulating all-important internet points? Probably stand around the Dollar Store screaming about someone with12 items in the 10 item check line. Anything to feel important. 

Does that clear up my views for ya?