• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Approaching 3,000 post in 13 years on the CGC boards, what I would like.
3 3

75 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, NoMan said:

you said these boards often feel like a competition (competitions are often negative connotations) instead of a hobby (conversely "just a hobby' is often a positive connotation) . You mentioned you don't have to be a rude blow hard in answering a noobs noobie questions but I guess rude blow hards really have no choice in being rude blowhards. so I suppose that's impossibe. I'm sometimes amazed that CGC deems these boards worth their time, expenditure and money. I fully expect CGC to throw in the towel any second now just from the pure hassle of it all. When this does go down I wonder what's gonna happen to these kind guys that are extra rude to newcomers, how are they gonna spend their years of accumulating all-important internet points? Probably stand around the Dollar Store screaming about someone with12 items in the 10 item check line. Anything to feel important. 

Does that clear up my views for ya?

Excellent!  Indeed it does!  But don't pop a vein... have a mojito instead!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_90.jpg.f18c0a5105d15b509d42d8240eef1097.jpg

29 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I'm sometimes amazed that CGC deems these boards worth their time, expenditure and money. I fully expect CGC to throw in the towel any second now just from the pure hassle of it all.

Nah.  Not after they spent $35 for this spiffy new Board software. 

On 7/18/2019 at 11:54 PM, Senormac said:

So you are connecting The blob, 

a revered and ancient poster on these boards.....

to a fart ? 

Dang, you are newb .  

Light a candle when you get to 1000 posts :popcorn:

I am loud and deadly. Just ask my slacker teen when regular methods do not wake him up.

On 7/20/2019 at 6:50 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Karl doesn't know how to make friends... Always inferring emotion from emotionless text...

Have a mojito anyways!

Not Really.  Hey would you like to trade a sweet early FF for my spider man books???

On 7/15/2019 at 9:19 PM, Buzzetta said:

So you don't want to see pics of me at the horse rescue, cider house brewery, and then wine tasting from Saturday while on the North Fork the other day? 

I will be heading back to Fire Island in a week or two... 

I want to see all these things

16 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

If it makes you feel better there are far more insufferable facebook groups focused on comic collecting. 

The more insufferable people there are, the better I feel.

On 7/18/2019 at 2:08 PM, the blob said:

Shockingly, among those on this thread I am the oldest in CGC-board years, though not posting quantity and certainly not comic knowledge,...unless someone had to re-boot their username back in 2013 (jsilverjanet?)

Oldest

But certainly not the least appealing 

4 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Oldest

But certainly not the least appealing 

Blobs and other amoeba are billions of years old.  They do not die of old age.  Ever.  They just keep splitting into 2 blobs the same age.

On 7/19/2019 at 7:13 PM, NoMan said:

you said these boards often feel like a competition (competitions are often negative connotations) instead of a hobby (conversely "just a hobby' is often a positive connotation) . You mentioned you don't have to be a rude blow hard in answering a noobs noobie questions but I guess rude blow hards really have no choice in being rude blowhards. so I suppose that's impossibe. I'm sometimes amazed that CGC deems these boards worth their time, expenditure and money. I fully expect CGC to throw in the towel any second now just from the pure hassle of it all. When this does go down I wonder what's gonna happen to these kind guys that are extra rude to newcomers, how are they gonna spend their years of accumulating all-important internet points? Probably stand around the Dollar Store screaming about someone with12 items in the 10 item check line. Anything to feel important. 

Does that clear up my views for ya?

:golfclap:

Most people who are rude blowhards on the internet are rarely rude blowhards in public

I would have to say it's an outlet

Granted a passive aggressive one,but an outlet nonetheless 

It is inevitable,that most people who would act as confrontational as they do on the boards, when they did it face to face repeatedly that they would eventually wind up in a violent confrontation.

Not everyone has the patience or sensibility to remain calm or stoic in the face of adversity from people unwilling to face up to social criticism or blatant facts that they might be wrong on something

For me I think this should be a community where we build each other up.

It's understandable that the newbs like myself get some razing,but in the end we can all learn alot from each other

And weather you got 3000 posts in ten years or ten months your still a person in my books,with a mind that can offer this community something.

Edited by Hollywood1892

19 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Not everyone has the patience or sensibility to remain calm or stoic in the face of adversity from people unwilling to face up to social criticism or blatant facts that they might be wrong on something

x 1000 2c