• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Approaching 3,000 post in 13 years on the CGC boards, what I would like.
3 3

75 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I'll try and make less Uranus jokes and stuff because you're swell.:foryou:poo.thumb.jpg.e029f02b142b3eac692b5ae37c50710d.jpg

That’s funny 😆 

- Love that stuff, like I said, and not talking about any particular members at all. I never had a problem personally with anyone, or the posts  :headbang:

The informative which I was speaking of is for people to take the time to know who the members are they are talking to, or about, instead of just posting ( what may be considered?) disrespectful answers or gifs going off of someone’s post count alone. Take time to know which members can joke, who can’t, I don’t want to see anyone burning useful bridges they may like to use in future collecting all because they insulted someone to boost their post count.

Just a little Respect :foryou:

Edited by nepatkm

11 hours ago, nepatkm said:

...The informative which I was speaking of is for people to take the time to know who the members are they are talking to, or about, instead of just posting ( what may be considered?) disrespectful answers or gifs going off of someone’s post count alone. Take time to know which members can joke, who can’t, I don’t want to see anyone burning useful bridges they may like to use in future collecting all because they insulted someone to boost their post count...

Unfortunately, some of the older crotchety members have burned bridges for us newer fellas.

I've been ignored by users (maybe a dozen) simply for having fun with other users. Those same people encourage others to just simply ignore us for having fun. It's sad, really.

It's ironic, too, because 1 of those said members is tagged every time there's a new Friday thread. They can have fun, but I can't? Hypocrisy at its finest.

Luckily, there are plenty of great people around here.who check their egos at the door and can have conversations without being bothered by someone having an opinion of their own.

On 7/28/2019 at 11:45 PM, kav said:

Blobs and other amoeba are billions of years old.  They do not die of old age.  Ever.  They just keep splitting into 2 blobs the same age.

Baby blob is almost 14 and at 5' 9" is a whopping 120 pounds of pure bone, muscle, scinew, and bad attitude. Not following dad's footsteps. I was 5'10 220 at that age. His little brother is a little bull though. So it seems my cell replication is 50/50.

11 minutes ago, the blob said:

Baby blob is almost 14 and at 5' 9" is a whopping 120 pounds of pure bone, muscle, scinew, and bad attitude. Not following dad's footsteps. I was 5'10 220 at that age. His little brother is a little bull though. So it seems my cell replication is 50/50.

5'9" and 120 lbs...? Why are you starving this poor kid...?? :( 

1 hour ago, the blob said:

He eats a lot. Hyper metabolism and 6 pack abs despite having never done a sit up.

High school days, miss that metabolism for sure!! 😆

On 7/19/2019 at 4:13 PM, NoMan said:

you said these boards often feel like a competition (competitions are often negative connotations) instead of a hobby (conversely "just a hobby' is often a positive connotation) . You mentioned you don't have to be a rude blow hard in answering a noobs noobie questions but I guess rude blow hards really have no choice in being rude blowhards. so I suppose that's impossibe. I'm sometimes amazed that CGC deems these boards worth their time, expenditure and money. I fully expect CGC to throw in the towel any second now just from the pure hassle of it all. When this does go down I wonder what's gonna happen to these kind guys that are extra rude to newcomers, how are they gonna spend their years of accumulating all-important internet points? Probably stand around the Dollar Store screaming about someone with12 items in the 10 item check line. Anything to feel important. 

Does that clear up my views for ya?

Wow!

On 7/30/2019 at 2:54 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Unfortunately, some of the older crotchety members have burned bridges for us newer fellas.

I've been ignored by users (maybe a dozen) simply for having fun with other users. Those same people encourage others to just simply ignore us for having fun. It's sad, really.

It's ironic, too, because 1 of those said members is tagged every time there's a new Friday thread. They can have fun, but I can't? Hypocrisy at its finest.

Luckily, there are plenty of great people around here.who check their egos at the door and can have conversations without being bothered by someone having an opinion of their own.

there is a clique of members who think they are the rulers of the CGC boards , they have ridiculed and driven away many a new member, they are toxic and they also like to brag about who they have on ignore,

Edited by 1950's war comics

11 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

there is a clique of members who think they are the rulers of the CGC boards , they have ridiculed and driven away many a new member, they are toxic and they also like to brag about who they have on ignore,

I love you all.:foryou:

Edited by oakman29
Oak- who doesn't want to be a crotchety old man

17 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

12 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

It’s the internet as usual.  Not sure it was designed for what it’s  become, but could be.  :ohnoez:

3 hours ago, oakman29 said:
15 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

I have NO ONE on ignore.  I always wonder how that works for the Christmas raffle.  Does a person just NOT SEE what the ignored person is offering ?  Like if you had Greggy on ignore ( nobody could possibly )  would you not see the Greggy mystery box being offered?  

16 minutes ago, Senormac said:

I have NO ONE on ignore.  I always wonder how that works for the Christmas raffle.  Does a person just NOT SEE what the ignored person is offering ?  Like if you had Greggy on ignore ( nobody could possibly )  would you not see the Greggy mystery box being offered?  

Who could not love you Mike.:applause:

2 hours ago, Senormac said:

Never ignored anyone either, ( I don’t have a problem with anyone here, they may not like me 🤔,  but that’s their  prerogative, and so its alright.) I always figured if you can’t handle the responses, and comments given back, please don’t add your 2c to the debate. I’m sorry that people dislike each other. (Shame, a lot of good hearted people here on these boards.)

Older members know which arguments to stay out of, and just watch :slapfight::popcorn:  , and not respond

- I’m Sorry that some newer members have been dragged into them for just responding to a topic, that’s  why my advice was for newer members to know what they are replying to... and who they are responding to  :foryou:

I’m to old for internet arguments, I’ve no time for them, real life is challenging enough, let alone bringing hardships into what is my peaceful hobby time. (thumbsu

—BTW always respected your input, knowledge, and humorous posts.. @Senormac, and @oakman29, and many others.. Just wish everyone could go with the flow like you both do. 👍 

( @1950's war comics,  and @NoMan I enjoy your posts also  👍)

— Sidenote: I probably won’t hit 3000 posts until late next year. 🤣🤞

Edited by nepatkm
👍