• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POLL - Should GEEzusWalks be removed from the Probation List over the objection of the nominator, Columbia Comics?
4 4

Should GEEzusWalks be removed from the Probation List over the objection of the nominator, Columbia Comics?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Should GEEzusWalks be removed from the Probation List over the objection of the nominator, Columbia Comics?

• Yes: I support removing GEEzusWalks from the Probation List.
    • No: I oppose removing GEEzusWalks from the Probation List.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/23/2019 at 03:00 AM

208 posts in this topic

@GEEzusWalks was added to the Probation List on June 13, 2019. Below are links to the nomination thread and discussion prior to the nomination thread. There has been significant debate as to whether GEEzusWalks should be on the Probation List or not. I have spoken with @Columbia Comics and he asserts that he still wants GEEzusWalks to remain on the Probation List but stated "if the consensus is he comes off, take him off. but it needs to be a poll."

Therefore, I have started a poll below. It will run for 7 days with the voting private. If at least 66% of the votes are to remove him from the list then he will be removed from the list which is consistent with Columbia Comics's statement regarding consensus.

Edited by Red84

Its a scumbag move to "lose" an item that does not sell for what you thought it would have or having regrets because you realized you should have sold it for more. 

There was a guy here a few years ago that posted here that he was drunk and he wanted to pay for a new tattoo... so he posted pics of a early number ASM for about half of what it normally goes for.  The book was immediately claimed and the seller supposedly sent it out.  Whether or not anyone should have claimed the book knowing the poster was drunk is up for debate... 

Either way... I say keep him on the list.  The list is not a do not deal with list... it is a warning list that the person you are dealing with should be dealt with in caution. 

I don't understand why the rules of the PL are being altered by a third party. (shrug) Only the involved parties should be responsible for going on or coming off. It is a moot point I guess as the voting would have to take a sudden shift to get him off the list. I disagreed initially with him going on but I do not see a reason why the rules should be changed for this case. If CC wants to take him off he can. otherwise he should stay (and again, even though I didn't agree with it in the first place).

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

The list is not a do not deal with list... it is a warning list that the person you are dealing with should be dealt with in caution.

this X1000!

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

this X1000!

Yup... now the Hall of Shame list is a Do Not Deal With List. 

Personally, anyone who deals with people on THAT list is on my personal do not deal with list... especially a certain individual...

40 minutes ago, Bird said:

I don't understand why the rules of the PL are being altered by a third party. (shrug) Only the involved parties should be responsible for going on or coming off. It is a moot point I guess as the voting would have to take a sudden shift to get him off the list. I disagreed initially with him going on but I do not see a reason why the rules should be changed for this case. If CC wants to take him off he can. otherwise he should stay (and again, even though I didn't agree with it in the first place).

The rules for the Probation List are not being altered. CC has the authority to remove him from the list and he has stated, to me,  "if the consensus is he comes off, take him off. but it needs to be a poll." So, in the event that the 66% remove threshold is met, he would be removed from the list as affirmed by a poll which is a process approved by CC. @Columbia Comics could at any point decide to remove him from the list. @GEEzusWalks could reach out to CC and offer something to resolve the dispute.

I once came close to nominating one of the major auction houses to the probation list.  True story.  They made it right though.  I had a strong case but eventually they made me whole.  I was curious to see if everyone would abide by 'family' and 'community' and boycott that auction house. . 

2 minutes ago, Red84 said:

The rules for the Probation List are not being altered. CC has the authority to remove him from the list and he has stated, to me,  "if the consensus is he comes off, take him off. but it needs to be a poll." So, in the event that the 66% remove threshold is met, he would be removed from the list as affirmed by a poll which is a process approved by CC. @Columbia Comics could at any point decide to remove him from the list. @GEEzusWalks could reach out to CC and offer something to resolve the dispute.

I just don't see where you come in and why you are brokering this. That is what I mean by PL rules being altered. The PL doesn't say "someone else can always intercede" but I guess it doesn't say that you can't either. I just can be a a stickler, it really doesn't matter I guess.

btw, what's your ebay id? (Just kidding!)

For the record. I voted to remove from the list. I think everything the seller said and did seems sketchy, but there is the possibility that he is telling the truth and is currently left with no way to be removed from the list by CC without CC changing his mind. That is why I started this poll. So the members of the community can define for themselves whether the conduct that occurred here is truly PL worthy.

no problem. you seem to be a good guy. But this has taken too much of my thought process already. Unless the next 40+ people vote to take him off, then we will have something to talk about! :whatthe:

1 minute ago, Bird said:

I just don't see where you come in and why you are brokering this. That is what I mean by PL rules being altered. The PL doesn't say "someone else can always intercede" but I guess it doesn't say that you can't either. I just can be a a stickler, it really doesn't matter I guess.

Precisely. It does not say either way. I am merely facilitating the process of letting the forum voice their views on the issue to see whether there is consensus either way.

If someone loses a $1000 comic mere hours after listing it and they get on the probation list and they are really innocent that just falls under sometimes life gives you lemons.  I've been blamed for stuff i didnt do before you just have to live with it.  Not saying i believe him.

He was a sweet and tender hooligan, hooligan 
And he said that he'd never, never do it again 
And of course he won't (oh, not until the next time)

15 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

He was a sweet and tender hooligan, hooligan 
And he said that he'd never, never do it again 
And of course he won't (oh, not until the next time)

Maybe he's today's Tom Sawyer