• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POLL - Should GEEzusWalks be removed from the Probation List over the objection of the nominator, Columbia Comics?
4 4

Should GEEzusWalks be removed from the Probation List over the objection of the nominator, Columbia Comics?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Should GEEzusWalks be removed from the Probation List over the objection of the nominator, Columbia Comics?

• Yes: I support removing GEEzusWalks from the Probation List.
    • No: I oppose removing GEEzusWalks from the Probation List.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/23/2019 at 03:00 AM

208 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Did he deserve the list?

Then he deserves to stay on it till he makes it right. Isnt that the whole point?

I honestly forget how I voted... but all things considered, there is never going to be a way for him to get off the list.  

11 hours ago, KPR Comics said:

I hope OP at least got a thank you via PM from him

Guarantee you he didn't

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I honestly forget how I voted... but all things considered, there is never going to be a way for him to get off the list.  

He could start by sending me a PM.  But let's face it...he doesn't care

Just now, Columbia Comics said:

Guarantee you he didn't

He could start by sending me a PM.  But let's face it...he doesn't care

Not what I am talking about though... 

Your money is refunded and I agree with you that this was not a gesture of making amends because your money would have been refunded to you regardless. 

Let's take the realistic role here in that he decided it was a bad deal and 'lost' the book so he could find it later and make more money off of it. He gets put on the probation list.  How does he ever come off?   If there is no real way to come off the list then there is no need for a probation list and then people should automatically go to the Hall of Shame after a single transgression.

That is obviously not a good idea for a few reasons.  So... I would say that the whole thing should be amended.  If you are in the probation list then it should be treated as a real probation list.  if you screw around 3x then you are in the Hall of Shame.  If someone takes says you made things good and they want you off the list then you come off early. However, maybe after a year or two, you are automatically removed from the list if you have not conducted additional unscrupulous acts of malfeasance. 

7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Not what I am talking about though... 

Your money is refunded and I agree with you that this was not a gesture of making amends because your money would have been refunded to you regardless. 

Let's take the realistic role here in that he decided it was a bad deal and 'lost' the book so he could find it later and make more money off of it. He gets put on the probation list.  How does he ever come off?   If there is no real way to come off the list then there is no need for a probation list and then people should automatically go to the Hall of Shame after a single transgression.

That is obviously not a good idea for a few reasons.  So... I would say that the whole thing should be amended.  If you are in the probation list then it should be treated as a real probation list.  if you screw around 3x then you are in the Hall of Shame.  If someone takes says you made things good and they want you off the list then you come off early. However, maybe after a year or two, you are automatically removed from the list if you have not conducted additional unscrupulous acts of malfeasance. 

he could come off if he came here and pleaded his case.  He didnt care enough to do that.

6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Unless you are really a masochist, I can't imagine the average joe volunteering for the inevitable beatdown before a hostile audience.

If you have a solid case you can make it-as gsims did in this thread and turned the tide:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/454027-closed/#comments

1 minute ago, kav said:
8 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Unless you are really a masochist, I can't imagine the average joe volunteering for the inevitable beatdown before a hostile audience.

If you have a solid case you can make it-as gsims did in this thread and turned the tide:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/454027-closed/#comments

You are the tards' *spoon*, Kav.  Don't ever change.

55 minutes ago, kav said:

he could come off if he came here and pleaded his case.  He didnt care enough to do that.

You missed what I wrote.  I am talking about people on the PL in general.  In many cases there is no way for them ever to come off the list.  In a few cases the people that nominated them to the list are no longer here. 

Just now, Buzzetta said:

You missed what I wrote.  I am talking about people on the PL in general.  In many cases there is no way for them ever to come off the list.  In a few cases the people that nominated them to the list are no longer here. 

I always miss stuff

23 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

In a few cases the people that nominated them to the list are no longer here. 

That's something that, due to the nature of time, is something that is a factor that. when the initial PL rules were originated, was likely not even considered. The current PL discussion and list threads were started in 2007, and the rules thread in 2011. When the Probation process was started, fixing issues immediately -- and the ensuing shorter-term consequences that would result -- were what were likely at the heart of what was put into effect, but not something that would be still in effect necessarily ten or more years into the future (though in many of the cases, especially the HOS ones, there's no amount of time that would pass that would make most, if not all, members here choose to not want to do business with those offenders regardless).

Sadly, over the time I've been here on the boards -- ten years posting, and a couple of years lurking prior to that -- people haven't just moved on (either exiting the hobby, choosing to not post, or having their ability to post removed), but some have unfortunately passed away as well :sorry: .  I nominated someone for the first time today for the PL -- if something were to happen to me tomorrow and I was gone from here, would that essentially leave the nominee on the list permanently, even if they were to answer the nomination with a legitimate excuse and/or willingness to make things right, since I wouldn't be here to remove them? ???

That's obviously not what we're dealing with here in this individual case  -- the nominator and the nominee are both still accounted for, clearly -- but a mechanism for removal if/when a nominating party is no longer around to be made whole, or to call for the removal of someone, is something that might need to be discussed for future incidents, and some amendment added to the PL guidelines for any such unfortunate instances.