• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POLL - Should GEEzusWalks be removed from the Probation List over the objection of the nominator, Columbia Comics?
4 4

Should GEEzusWalks be removed from the Probation List over the objection of the nominator, Columbia Comics?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Should GEEzusWalks be removed from the Probation List over the objection of the nominator, Columbia Comics?

• Yes: I support removing GEEzusWalks from the Probation List.
    • No: I oppose removing GEEzusWalks from the Probation List.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/23/2019 at 03:00 AM

208 posts in this topic

I'm nominating Buzz just so I can see him successfully pull himself off.

9 hours ago, lizards2 said:
9 hours ago, kav said:

he could come off if he came here and pleaded his case.  He didnt care enough to do that.

Unless you are really a masochist, I can't imagine the average joe volunteering for the inevitable beatdown before a hostile audience.

And how many times should they have to... in all the different threads, or just one or two of them? Why beg for forgiveness if it's not coming anyway!

I said it before in this thread, but I think Brock's idea of changing the Kudo's thread to a true Feedback thread is the best solution.  You can see more feedback that way, both good and bad.  Everyone could make a determination from the feedback threads if they wanted to deal with someone or not.  Keep the PL list for issues that have a financial solution and the HoS for repeat offenders or egregious problems.  But as was said earlier there is resistance from the management to allow a feedback thread.  As it stands right now someone can go on and off the PL list over and over and there is nothing other than a search of all threads to warn people that they might not be the best seller/buyer.  Meanwhile one bad transaction that a seller/buyer has (and I'm not talking about this case here but more generically) and he's on the PL and at the mercy of whomever he wronged.

5 hours ago, thunsicker said:

I said it before in this thread, but I think Brock's idea of changing the Kudo's thread to a true Feedback thread is the best solution.  You can see more feedback that way, both good and bad.  Everyone could make a determination from the feedback threads if they wanted to deal with someone or not.  Keep the PL list for issues that have a financial solution and the HoS for repeat offenders or egregious problems.  But as was said earlier there is resistance from the management to allow a feedback thread.  As it stands right now someone can go on and off the PL list over and over and there is nothing other than a search of all threads to warn people that they might not be the best seller/buyer.  Meanwhile one bad transaction that a seller/buyer has (and I'm not talking about this case here but more generically) and he's on the PL and at the mercy of whomever he wronged.

It's why I stopped caring about a feedback thread for these boards... Who cares?  If people are only allowed to tell me how great I am then it doesn't matter. 

The rules to get on the PL and the HOS as well as the feedback forum were pushed for and decided a LONG time ago by some people that are still active here but also by some who have not been seen in quite some time.  Perhaps it is time for a change.   As members come and go, board culture changes.  Perhaps the rules that fit the boards 15 years ago may no longer be as effective as they could be given the culture today. 

Edited by Buzzetta

Idea: someone wants off the list.  They post and make their case in CG with a poll.  If person who nominated them does not rebut them in 3 days, off they come.  If poll shows 51% or more want them off, off they come.  That way people who have been nominated by members who have long left the boards can have a chance.

10 hours ago, Buzzetta said:
16 hours ago, thunsicker said:

It's why I stopped caring about a feedback thread for these boards... Who cares?  If people are only allowed to tell me how great I am then it doesn't matter. 

The rules to get on the PL and the HOS as well as the feedback forum were pushed for and decided a LONG time ago by some people that are still active here but also by some who have not been seen in quite some time.  Perhaps it is time for a change.   As members come and go, board culture changes.  Perhaps the rules that fit the boards 15 years ago may no longer be as effective as they could be given the culture today. 

For what little it's worth, I think there is a good reason for the way things are now and have been for over 15 years.

I consider myself a conscientious seller/buyer as is almost everyone I have dealt with on the boards over the years, at least that is my experience here. But I have to ask myself, do I really want to open myself up to negative feedback from someone who just joined from a facebook group or ebay and is ragging me out becuase they don't have their book in their hands a day after they put up their :takeit:. Absolutely not!

I think negative feedback would open up a can of butt hurt so big it would likely result in moderation shutting the sales forums down, because who would want to deal with the mess.

One of the great things about selling/buying here is that the people are knowledgeable about comics and grading, know how to ship, have realistic expectations on receiving items and mostly work with each other and give each other the benefit of the doubt when problems arise. When things don't get solved we have... the PL, which for my part works fine... mostly.

This is a difficult case but for me the seller does not belong on the PL because he issued an immediate refund but he certainly belonged in the PL nomination thread which is where we can find most negative feedback on the boards. I personally can't imagine a better way to deal with negative feedback than the PL nomination forum.

I don't think the sky is falling here.

14 minutes ago, Mr Sneeze said:

For what little it's worth, I think there is a good reason for the way things are now and have been for over 15 years.

I consider myself a conscientious seller/buyer as is almost everyone I have dealt with on the boards over the years, at least that is my experience here. But I have to ask myself, do I really want to open myself up to negative feedback from someone who just joined from a facebook group or ebay and is ragging me out becuase they don't have their book in their hands a day after they put up their :takeit:. Absolutely not!

I think negative feedback would open up a can of butt hurt so big it would likely result in moderation shutting the sales forums down, because who would want to deal with the mess.

One of the great things about selling/buying here is that the people are knowledgeable about comics and grading, know how to ship, have realistic expectations on receiving items and mostly work with each other and give each other the benefit of the doubt when problems arise. When things don't get solved we have... the PL, which for my part works fine... mostly.

This is a difficult case but for me the seller does not belong on the PL because he issued an immediate refund but he certainly belonged in the PL nomination thread which is where we can find most negative feedback on the boards. I personally can't imagine a better way to deal with negative feedback than the PL nomination forum.

So the options are someone can post in your feedback thread that you failed to ship a comic one day after he posted the :takeit: and you can respond in the same thread, or that person nominates you for the PL list (which to my knowledge takes no vote or anything else) for the same 'transgression' and has total power over what circumstances there are for you to get off the PL list.  This isn't ebay where someone can 'neg' you.  All they can do is provide the feedback message 'I ordered a comic from Mr Sneeze yesterday and it hasn't shipped yet'.  I think if I saw that in a feedback I would not want to deal with the buyer, not you.

11 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

By the way, Buzz, you are pretty great!

Just now, thunsicker said:
20 minutes ago, Mr Sneeze said:

So the options are someone can post in your feedback thread that you failed to ship a comic one day after he posted the :takeit: and you can respond in the same thread, or that person nominates you for the PL list (which to my knowledge takes no vote or anything else) for the same 'transgression' and has total power over what circumstances there are for you to get off the PL list.  This isn't ebay where someone can 'neg' you.  All they can do is provide the feedback message 'I ordered a comic from Mr Sneeze yesterday and it hasn't shipped yet'.  I think if I saw that in a feedback I would not want to deal with the buyer, not you.

From my perspective, I see this as an added layer of stuff that I don't really want to deal with. When I run a large sales thread it is taking up most of my spare time as it is so I don't see a benefit from the potential of having to deal with time wasting threads. The point you make is valid (bolded) but it still drags my name through the mud in a sense.

Again, I will say, I think the sales forums work well as they are and I think the PL nomination section is adequate for bringing negative transactions/feedback to light.

I know the kudos thread is not important for most but I think it still helps for new people to show they have a few successful transactions under their belts. At least it's important to them as it was to me when I first signed up.

I don't know Buzz personally but he is always a positive presence on the boards.

1 hour ago, thunsicker said:

By the way, Buzz, you are pretty great!

(worship)

On 7/25/2019 at 11:28 AM, thunsicker said:

or that person nominates you for the PL list (which to my knowledge takes no vote or anything else) for the same 'transgression' and has total power over what circumstances there are for you to get off the PL list. 

It doesn't work that way. If someone was nominated for PL because shipping wasn't fast enough and that didn't break any of the sales thread rules then they wouldn't be added. You can't add someone without a valid reason. 

43 minutes ago, wombat said:

It doesn't work that way. If someone was nominated for PL because shipping wasn't fast enough and that didn't break any of the sales thread rules then they wouldn't be added. You can't add someone without a valid reason. 

Is there a list somewhere about what are valid reasons?  I'm not trying to be obnoxious, just wondering if this is spelled out somewhere.

10 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

Is there a list somewhere about what are valid reasons?  I'm not trying to be obnoxious, just wondering if this is spelled out somewhere.

Not that I'm aware of. I think a lot of things revert back to the rules someone puts (or doesn't put) in their sales thread. 

11 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

3 hours ago, wombat said:

Not that I'm aware of. I think a lot of things revert back to the rules someone puts (or doesn't put) in their sales thread. 

Agree, however there are rules for selling... One should be added, if you plan to list a book, make sure you have the book physically in your possession prior to putting in the sales thread....

Edited by MustEatBrains

Been toying with the idea of outing a board member who agreed to buy a pretty big book from me since around Jan., had me wanting to wait months to get the money which I was cool about, then just recently backing out completely (not once, not twice, but 3x after he changed his mind about pursuing to buy).

Stupid me for not getting a non-refundable deductible for the long hold and headache. Lesson learned. 

3 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Been toying with the idea of outing a board member who agreed to buy a pretty big book from me since around Jan., had me wanting to wait months to get the money which I was cool about, then just recently backing out completely (not once, not twice, but 3x after he changed his mind about pursuing to buy).

Stupid me for not getting a non-refundable deductible for the long hold and headache. Lesson learned. 

It wasn't me, was it?

If it was, I just forgot.

40 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:
52 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

It wasn't me, was it?

I dont remember if it was you hm :p

You kind of look familiar, but I can't quite place you..., hm

5 hours ago, lizards2 said:
6 hours ago, Dark Knight said:
6 hours ago, lizards2 said:

It wasn't me, was it?

I dont remember if it was you hm :p

You kind of look familiar, but I can't quite place you..., hm

I'm starting to forget a lot of things, but I don't remember what they were. WTF. :screwy: