• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submissions to Surreal Comics and Cards for CGC grading

9 posts in this topic

Anyone have any experience submitting comics to Surreal Comics and Cards for CGC grading? they are an authorized CGC grading service....did they return your books?

I submitted comic books at their booth at East Coast Comic Con and still haven't received my books yet. It's been 2 months. They have a phone number but don't answer calls and don't return calls if you leave a message.

This is concerning as there's no way to get in touch with them.

Quick question.

According to my very quick and terrible internet research, CGC was at the convention.  Why didn't you just submit to CGC directly?

Or is their more relevant information you should probably provide if you want a more helpful answer? 

But I will say this:  If you go to the CGC website somewhere its listed their estimated submission turnaround times, which are generally slower in summer, and depend on the submission tier.

I assume you got some type of form/receipt from Surreal, why not email CGC customer service a copy and ask about your order?

CGC didn't participate at East Coast Comic Con but Surreal Comics and Cards were there to take CGC submissions.....I would've definitely submitted to CGC if they were there

yes I have a receipt but haven't had any luck contacting anyone for a week now

3 hours ago, ngcomics said:

CGC didn't participate at East Coast Comic Con but Surreal Comics and Cards were there to take CGC submissions.....I would've definitely submitted to CGC if they were there

yes I have a receipt but haven't had any luck contacting anyone for a week now

Summer is busy with the holiday and the SDCC coming up, but I'm surprised CGC isn't picking up their calls or answering their emails.  As far as I know they keep pretty standard business hours and have dedicated customer service staff.  How many messages did you leave at CGC?  If no one is answering emails or calls at CGC, you can probably utilize the 'Ask CGC' subforum on the threads.

On 7/15/2019 at 7:19 PM, revat said:

Summer is busy with the holiday and the SDCC coming up, but I'm surprised CGC isn't picking up their calls or answering their emails.  As far as I know they keep pretty standard business hours and have dedicated customer service staff.  How many messages did you leave at CGC?  If no one is answering emails or calls at CGC, you can probably utilize the 'Ask CGC' subforum on the threads.

I don't think CGC will give him any information if the books were submitted by this Surreal company.  As far as TATs, it all depends on how fast Surreal subs them (that is assuming they do sub them).

@legion2019 any updates?  

@joeypost, yes unfortunately didn't have much of a choice....was getting signatures 

so I did find a contact email for Surreal....Gene Volpert (genevolpert@hotmail) confirmed that my books have been submitted to CGC...however, when you inquire with CGC they can't give any info without the invoice # on the submission....as per CGC TAT's are taking longer than expected expecially for books submitted for pressing

1 hour ago, legion2019 said:

@joeypost, yes unfortunately didn't have much of a choice....was getting signatures 

so I did find a contact email for Surreal....Gene Volpert (genevolpert@hotmail) confirmed that my books have been submitted to CGC...however, when you inquire with CGC they can't give any info without the invoice # on the submission....as per CGC TAT's are taking longer than expected expecially for books submitted for pressing

Pressing without fasttrack takes months.  Current TAT is 65 Business Days.  To give you an idea I have 6 books out that were received 5/15 they are still at CCS for pressing.  I am estimating between late Sept to mid Oct before I will get them back.

You could also check out the TAT post in the general section to get a feel for how long stuff is taking as well.