• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOP STAPLE DETACHED
1 1

14 posts in this topic

no photos, I was just wondering. It seem like if there is anything wrong with a corner, even the slightest bit, it automatically knocks you down to a 9.4, 9.2. range. I was wondering what they consider a top staple separated from the cover. Does that automatically kick you down to a 7 or 6 even?

If you have an otherwise flawless book and it is a 9.2-9.4 but has a popped stapled, I think you could get a green certified label. But majority of collectors want the blue label. A popped staple in that case would bump to at least a 6.0 IMO.

If you have a mid to lower grade book, the popped staple has less of an effect on the grade.

5 hours ago, Point Five said:

If a bunch of CGC boardies start a punk band, TOP STAPLE DETACHED is the perfect name.

lol  Here's a couple more: Matt Nelson and the Restorers; Qualified and Incomplete; Three Sides Trimmed...