• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fake Lee Bermejo Joker piece
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Please be warned that this Joker painting is fake and is not by Lee Bermejo (confirmed by the artist himself):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233288292447

I've messaged the seller through eBay letting them know this (only just did it so no response just yet).

Best
Simon

Always seems like the COA's are made by middle school kids who just learned about different fonts and Word Art .

I remember that lousy COA from before - and it is the same guy who said the this Harley Quinn was done by Adam Hughes - https://www.ebay.com/itm/ADAM-HUGHES-ORIGINAL-PAINTING-OF-HARLEY-QUINN-30-X-50-INCH-COMMISSIONED-ARTWORK-/153089435454?hash=item23a4d7673e%3Ag%3AgrEAAOSwFrtbP-1y&nma=true&si=YpGy2Z%2BRepwj0xAQuBzOy70uuEM%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 

Apparently he also does scammy Disney memorabilia as well - https://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/disney-authenticated-memorabilia-real-or-fake?id=3524372%3ATopic%3A1044861&page=2#comments

He's had a bunch of different eBay names - and the name of his authentication company always changes depending on what he is authenticating. 

3 hours ago, GotSuperPowers? said:

Please be warned that this Joker painting is fake and is not by Lee Bermejo (confirmed by the artist himself):

I've messaged the seller through eBay letting them know this (only just did it so no response just yet).

Best
Simon

The COA comes from a dude named "Michael-Angelo" he MUST know what he's talking about.

And both the Adam Hughes fake piece and this new Bermejo fake piece are being sold out of the same town in Florida, with a COA attested to by the same spelling-challenged "authenticiator" for DC/Warner Brothers, even though the ebay screen names are different. 

Just now, Keys_Collector said:

I went ahead and reported it.  Might help for a few people to report it as a fake and note that the artist has confirmed it is not his work.

The only thing that will get that taken down is Bermejo or his rep contacting eBay directly. I've run into this before. 

If Bermejo or his rep file a DMCA complaint it will get an actual response far more quickly. 

Just now, comix4fun said:

The only thing that will get that taken down is Bermejo or his rep contacting eBay directly. I've run into this before. 

If Bermejo or his rep file a DMCA complaint it will get an actual response far more quickly. 

I did suggest that to Lee so we'll see what he does.

That COA is terrible who uses those standard certificate stickers I would assume DC and Warner bros would have at least a holograph foil sticker lol those are like the stickers you see on homemade diploma's 

14 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

That COA is terrible who uses those standard certificate stickers I would assume DC and Warner bros would have at least a holograph foil sticker lol those are like the stickers you see on homemade diploma's 

Wait, my diploma has that sticker!  It possible that Hollywood Upstairs Medical College of New Hampshire Brought to you by Carl's Jr. is not on the level???  :whatthe: