• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Never read the Spider-Man Clone Saga...should I?
2 2

17 posts in this topic

It is so long that the Marvel Unlimited App pays for itself just by you reading the main prelude, main storyline, side arcs, and aftermath. 

No.  The saga started out okay, but after a few months it felt as if the writers were making it up as they were going along and dragging the storyline out blatantly and unnecessarily, to the point where it became an unstructured, empty, frustrating and tedious read.   On and on, to milk the idea for every penny.  In that sense, classic 90s speculation era product.

I didn't like it.

Edited by Ken Aldred

2 hours ago, kav said:

what clone saga are we talking about here the asm 149 one?

1 hour ago, piper said:

That I liked. The one from the 90’s not so much.

When I read the Conway books again I was surprised at how little clone material there was;  basically a few pages, here and there, until you get to the conclusion.

But, a highpoint from a great run of Bronze Age Spider-Man comics.

He first spots her clone in #142 from afar. The two most interesting ones which may include the most clone material is 145 & 149. The Notre Dame cathedral that burnt down is very involved at one point when Peter goes to Paris. I'm a fan of all bronze spideys so obviously I love the idea of a Gwen clone. If for nothing else check it out for the Andru artwork!