• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Studios phase 4
3 3

349 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

:shy:(:

That has to be Marvel Zombies.

If they make that movie, it will be the highest earning film of the whole franchise.

They can do ANYTHING they want to.

MUST be R rated.

I'm stoked!

2 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Sounds like the same crew who thought Black Panther and Captain Marvel would bomb. We know how that turned out. lol.

I think Shang Chi will be cool.  If it's a good -script (which is the key!) most action martial arts movies do well. I just can't get over Natalie Portman LOL she is just god awful in these types of movies :facepalm:.

1 minute ago, Xenosmilus said:

I think Shang Chi will be cool.  If it's a good --script (which is the key!) most action martial arts movies do well. I just can't get over Natalie Portman LOL she is just god awful in these types of movies :facepalm:.

I think more important is that it'll be a Marvel super-hero movie. Mandarin will be the villain, I think Shang Chi will have some kind of super power, and I bet an Avenger veteran or somebody will guest star to make it feel even more like the MCU.

8 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

It's more like 25% in China. But in comparison, a studio only gets like 50% of domestic U.S. box office.

Anybody who's betting on Shang Chi bombing is deluding themselves. It ties in to Iron Man's original nemesis and it's a martial arts movie in the MCU. Everybody (except haters) is going to go see this flick.

This is the movie that excites me the most of all the announcements. 

As someone who picked up Special Marvel Edition #15 off the news stand back in the day and grew up on martial arts movies, I'm really thrilled about this.

The fact that the Chinese box office has been on fire for superhero movies bodes very well for the success of this...

6 hours ago, Beige said:

That has to be Marvel Zombies.

If they make that movie, it will be the highest earning film of the whole franchise.

They can do ANYTHING they want to.

MUST be R rated.

I'm stoked!

Unfortunately, it is a parody site I found out. No Iron Man 4 zombie story at this time.

:foryou:

I thought all of the announcements were interesting. It'll be wait and see on some of them. Still more interesting for me personally than 'yet another Spider-man movie'.

Marvel very obviously has no interest in what hardcore comic book nerds think. And why should they? It's a little, teensy, tiny, small percentage of the market.  

You know there seems to be a belief that anything Disney commands us to love , we will love. I’m as corporate and group think obedient as the next 21st century man, but at some point we have to consider maybe Disney and Marvel won’t always be able to command us to buy their products. It’s a silly thought but after seeing fans turn on Star Wars (just a little) maybe the never ending “buy anything Marvel” train might end someday? The strength of MCU is based on selling us stories that all DIRECTLY tie to the Avengers their decades old household name brand characters (and we had this argument already showing yeah they were culturally known commodities before the first Iron Man movie). The Avengers as a team has been smashed and it’s core has been dissembled/changed completely. Does the post core phase sell as well? Time will tell.

17 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

You know there seems to be a belief that anything Disney commands us to love , we will love. I’m as corporate and group think obedient as the next 21st century man, but at some point we have to consider maybe Disney and Marvel won’t always be able to command us to buy their products. It’s a silly thought but after seeing fans turn on Star Wars (just a little) maybe the never ending “buy anything Marvel” train might end someday? The strength of MCU is based on selling us stories that all DIRECTLY tie to the Avengers their decades old household name brand characters (and we had this argument already showing yeah they were culturally known commodities before the first Iron Man movie). The Avengers as a team has been smashed and it’s core has been dissembled/changed completely. Does the post core phase sell as well? Time will tell.

Nobody REALLY cares about Black Widow or Hawkeye. So the question is can an MCU still attract fans worldwide without Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans and with just Doctor Strange, Thor, Black Panther, a Sam Wilson Captain America, Black Panther, Ant-Man and Wasp, Captain Marvel, Nick Fury, maybe Banner Hulk, a little assist from the Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, and a few of these weirdos they introduced Saturday night? Yeah, I think so.

13 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Nobody REALLY cares about Black Widow or Hawkeye. So the question is can an MCU still attract fans worldwide without Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans and with just Doctor Strange, Thor, Black Panther, a Sam Wilson Captain America, Black Panther, Ant-Man and Wasp, Captain Marvel, Nick Fury, maybe Banner Hulk, a little assist from the Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, and a few of these weirdos they introduced Saturday night? Yeah, I think so.

Well Thor has been turned to a bit of a clown, Banner is smart hulk so he is much less interesting.

That’s the main 4, all gone from what they were.  Maybe we do get carried by Falcon and Wasp like you said. Maybe we will always but whatever happy funcorp commands us to buy til the end of time. Guess we find out.

4 hours ago, Chuck Gower said:

I thought all of the announcements were interesting. It'll be wait and see on some of them. Still more interesting for me personally than 'yet another Spider-man movie'.

Marvel very obviously has no interest in what hardcore comic book nerds think. And why should they? It's a little, teensy, tiny, small percentage of the market.  

Kind of happy about this really as for me at least, I have little interest in seeing well known comic arcs on the big screen (I have already enjoyed them). I want new stories if possible and please hold the origin stories.

28 minutes ago, Mr Sneeze said:

Kind of happy about this really as for me at least, I have little interest in seeing well known comic arcs on the big screen (I have already enjoyed them). I want new stories if possible and please hold the origin stories.

Exactly.

Blade (thumbsu (hope they have Wesley Snipe cameos)

Natalie Portman as Female Thor :facepalm: (Don't like her character and the MCU still has male Thor...would have rather seen Iron Heart)

Tessa Thompson being a lesbian (thumbsu (I just really like her character)

Eternals:applause:

Black Widowmeh

Overall I'll give it a B+.  I was really hoping form X-Men news.

17 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Blade (thumbsu (hope they have Wesley Snipe cameos)

Natalie Portman as Female Thor :facepalm: (Don't like her character and the MCU still has male Thor...would have rather seen Iron Heart)

Tessa Thompson being a lesbian (thumbsu (I just really like her character)

Eternals:applause:

Black Widowmeh

Overall I'll give it a B+.  I was really hoping form X-Men news.

I agree with most of what you said but I'm more in the B- grade.  I like the Doctor Strange concept but I was really hoping they would drop Black Widow.  What story line is left for her character that isn't the premise of a couple other movies.  Natie Portman is terrible so maybe her character will die at the end :wishluck:  Eternals are iffy and have a chance of being the super hero jump the shark movie - I just have a bad feeling but it is getting less with all the great names attached to it.

9 hours ago, zhamlau said:

You make good points my friend but I don't see it happening now. Think of KEVIN FEIGE and Marvel like Steve Jobs and Apple between 2001 until Jobs untimely death in 2011.  Marvel is the Apple of the movie business now. Really the only thing that could stop this juggernaut is if somehow  KEVIN FEIGE left Marvel.