• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Studios phase 4
3 3

349 posts in this topic

So am I right that Comic Con has come and gone and there was still no hint of a Warlock appearance?

I know fully expect we'll see Beta Ray Bill before we'll see Warlock.

And I think I'm okay with that.

3 minutes ago, marvelcollector said:

Is it right that 10 movies were announced by 2021?

Don't laugh; Is there a list of them with anticipated dates? I haven't seen a comprehensive one, just people talking about specific ones.

no, that # includes all the streaming TV shows

7 minutes ago, marvelcollector said:

Is it right that 10 movies were announced by 2021?

Don't laugh; Is there a list of them with anticipated dates? I haven't seen a comprehensive one, just people talking about specific ones.

they have 3 slots with no movies attached as well

Edited by Bird

1 hour ago, sagekilz said:

Weren't they kicking around an Alpha Flight movie?  Could be totally incorrect but I vaguely remember something to that effect.

It seems in the comics and in general, Alpha Flight is now  Earth’s space defense organization with Captain Marvel as its sometime leader, and no longer a Canadian superhero team. Maybe that will change now with Marvel’s re-acquisition of Wolverine.

And what about Doctor Doom? Feige did have discussions with Noah Hawley about this.

Noah Hawley is Still Talking to Marvel About ‘Doctor Doom’

doctor-doom-movie-e1524160306101-700x313

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Hawley confirmed that he had recently sat down with Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige presumably to discuss Doctor Doom, during which time Hawley pitched going even wilder and more experimental than the Marvel Cinematic Universe had gone before:

"I did sit down with [Marvel Studios’ president] Kevin Feige recently and I said that I look at myself as sort of the Marvel R&D department. I know the genre can do all of these amazing things that [the Marvel Cinematic Universe] is doing, but my feeling is, what else can we do with it? Can we make it surreal? Can we make it musical? Not as a gimmick, but all of these techniques are about putting you into the subjective experience of these characters.”

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

So am I right that Comic Con has come and gone and there was still no hint of a Warlock appearance?

I know fully expect we'll see Beta Ray Bill before we'll see Warlock.

And I think I'm okay with that.

But for what movie were you expecting an Adam Warlock announcement? Feige and Co. only announced Phase Four at CC which is just the next two years. Warlock is supposed to make his debut in GOTG3 which we all know Gunn can't even start pre-production (though the -script is written sans post-Endgame embellishments) until he's done with Suicide Squad. GOTG3 won't be here at least until Phase Five. It seems the tradition at these Comic Con things for Marvel Studios  is to reveal the upcoming Phase's movie slates officially, then give one big reveal for the MCU beyond that, and that one reveal this weekend was Blade. Gunn can't work on Guardians yet which means he can't cast for Adam yet. That doesn't mean you'll never see Warlock. I thought that'd be the case when Gunn was fired, but now that he's back, Warlock is 100% for sure coming to the MCU.

5 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

-Beta Ray Bill comes to fruition! I predict in the Thor flick

- Modok will appear! Likely in Cap/Falcon

-Nightmare is the main Dr Strange villain (along with Mordo)

- We get to see Fin Fang Foom

Seeing any or all of these on the big screen would be insane. 

Sometimes it's important for us to step back, at least the older fans, and marvel (no pun intended) that we get to see big budget versions of this stuff come to the big screen. 12 year old me would've had his mind blown by any movie featuring a character like Thanos, let alone the awesomeness the MCU has provided. 

Like someone else said, at this point I believe they can do anything with any character and make it fun and successful. Kool-Aid officially ingested. 

Since Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 was left out for right now because James Gunn is wrapped up in Suicide Squad development, I think that is where we missed out on a few characters for now.

- Adam Warlock

- Beta Ray Bill (could be used in place of Thor since he has a fourth film to focus on now)

Mahershala Ali will be the new Blade.  Previously, he portrayed Cottonmouth in Luke Cage.  Is this the first time that the same actor will portray two different characters within the MCU?  If not, when has this happened before?

11 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Anyone else getting fatigued with it? I still haven't seen Endgame, and the Thanos saga is a storyline I really love.

Now, I would pry open my wallet for M.O.D.O.K.

tumblr_mjw2vszZ591qilf5vo1_500.gif

I'm a little burned out myself. I saw Endgame, enjoyed it, but I feel like that was a good conclusion to the series. I haven't seen Far From Home yet, and I'm a big Spidey fan. 

14 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Anyone else getting fatigued with it? I still haven't seen Endgame, and the Thanos saga is a storyline I really love.

Now, I would pry open my wallet for M.O.D.O.K.

tumblr_mjw2vszZ591qilf5vo1_500.gif

MODOK is getting a cartoon.