• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Studios phase 4
3 3

349 posts in this topic

Also I guess the Disney owned Hulu has a few shows coming.

Hulu is making a big bet on Marvel TV shows with 'Ghost Rider' and 'Helstrom

https://www.businessinsider.com/hulu-announced-new-marvel-tv-shows-ghost-rider-and-helstrom-2019-5

Below is how Hulu described the two series:

"Marvel's Ghost Rider, also known as Robbie Reyes, is a quintessential antihero, consumed by hellfire and supernaturally bound to a demon. Reyes lives on the Texas/Mexico border and when he unleashes the Rider, Robbie brings vengeance for the innocents he encounters, but struggles to control the power he wields. 'Marvel's Ghost Rider' is executive produced by Ingrid Escajeda, who will serve as showrunner, Paul Zbyszewski and Marvel's Jeph Loeb.

"Daimon and Ana Helstrom are the son and daughter of a mysterious and powerful serial killer in Marvel's Helstrom. The siblings have a complicated dynamic as they track down the terrorizing worst of humanity -- each with their attitude and skills. Marvel's Helstrom is executive produced by Paul Zbyszewski, who will serve as showrunner and Marvel's Jeph Loeb."

I'm a bit surprised by casting Ali as Blade.  Not because he's not a near-ideal choice, but because of his age at 45.  If Feige is going to tie character to actors and not swap them in and out, I would have thought he'd do what sports teams do and try to sign actors to long contracts while they're young hoping they'll stay with the franchise for a long time to come with Chris Hemsworth being the prototype for that since they cast him as Thor in his mid-20s.  Ali will likely be too old to play Blade at some point over the next decade or so.

46 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

With four brand-new television shows being spun off directly from the MCU and all of the previous shows in limbo, is it safe to say that either Ike Perlmutter is no longer in charge of Marvel Television or that the division is just shutting down and being reborn under Feige and Marvel Studios?  I keep expecting some announcement of that but hear nothing.  Even if Feige or Iger prefer to not explicitly publicize that you'd think some reporter would dig up something, somewhere.

6 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

'Marvel's Ghost Rider' is executive produced by Ingrid Escajeda, who will serve as showrunner, Paul Zbyszewski and Marvel's Jeph Loeb.

Well, nevermind, there's Loeb's name already.  He reports to Ike Perlmutter, so I guess for now there are the short-lived Feige Disney Plus shows, then the longer-lived shows that will go to Hulu and stay with Loeb and Perlmutter.

Just now, ComicConnoisseur said:

I think they are making Phase 4 so short is they were not expecting to land both Fantastic Four and X-Men so quick. Now that they got them they are wrapping up Phase 4 quick to get to FF and X-Men for Phase 5.

Yep seems that way.

11 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Also I guess the Disney owned Hulu has a few shows coming.

Hulu is making a big bet on Marvel TV shows with 'Ghost Rider' and 'Helstrom

https://www.businessinsider.com/hulu-announced-new-marvel-tv-shows-ghost-rider-and-helstrom-2019-5

Below is how Hulu described the two series:

"Marvel's Ghost Rider, also known as Robbie Reyes, is a quintessential antihero, consumed by hellfire and supernaturally bound to a demon. Reyes lives on the Texas/Mexico border and when he unleashes the Rider, Robbie brings vengeance for the innocents he encounters, but struggles to control the power he wields. 'Marvel's Ghost Rider' is executive produced by Ingrid Escajeda, who will serve as showrunner, Paul Zbyszewski and Marvel's Jeph Loeb.

"Daimon and Ana Helstrom are the son and daughter of a mysterious and powerful serial killer in Marvel's Helstrom. The siblings have a complicated dynamic as they track down the terrorizing worst of humanity -- each with their attitude and skills. Marvel's Helstrom is executive produced by Paul Zbyszewski, who will serve as showrunner and Marvel's Jeph Loeb."

They are??

:nyah:(:

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

I'm a bit surprised by casting Ali as Blade.  Not because he's not a near-ideal choice, but because of his age at 45.  If Feige is going to tie character to actors and not swap them in and out, I would have thought he'd do what sports teams do and try to sign actors to long contracts while they're young hoping they'll stay with the franchise for a long time to come with Chris Hemsworth being the prototype for that since they cast him as Thor in his mid-20s.  Ali will likely be too old to play Blade at some point over the next decade or so.

I thought the same exact thing. Brilliant actor, but too past the age where it makes sense to have him take up a franchise character. 

2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I may sound like a heretic but I just don’t see the original FF being in a good movie anytime soon.  Older stretchy guy, hot invisible mom, young torch and a huge rock guy just seems dated to me.  The way the world and entertainment is going they may be able to use bits a pieces but I think they are doomed if they use the original team and general story line. 

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

I may sound like a heretic but I just don’t see the original FF being in a good movie anytime soon.  Older stretchy guy, hot invisible mom, young torch and a huge rock guy just seems dated to me.  The way the world and entertainment is going they may be able to use bits a pieces but I think they are doomed if they use the original team and general story line. 

I think it could still work, but they need modern tweaks to them.

Also they got to make Doctor Doom real cool again.

He could be the king villian again now that Thanos is gone.

Related image

Films we will get further details about that could have massive impacts to Phase 5.

• Blade: Villain and any supporting heroes
  • Deadpool 3
  • Doctor Doom: If it even moves forward, though Noah Hawley confirmed discussions with Feige
  • Fantastic Four
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: I think at this point it is going to be massive
  • X-Force: Is this even live, even with a well-developed -script?
  • X-Men: Will we see characters sprinkled throughout Phase 4 leading to this film?

On 7/24/2019 at 4:51 PM, Bosco685 said:

It's incredible what they have to play with now across all these films. A dream come true.

But unfortunately, less superhero movies as it went from two studios competing parallel to one another to now one source.

Also eventually.

14964-2867-16694-1-nova.jpg

10 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I think they are making Phase 4 so short is they were not expecting to land both Fantastic Four and X-Men so quick. Now that they got them they are wrapping up Phase 4 quick to get to FF and X-Men for Phase 5.

Nice

Gambit?