• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Studios phase 4
3 3

349 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Confirmed: Far From Home will be the last great MCU film.

Thanos was done. Perfectly. Done. Dead. Over. Don't ruin your legacy because a great character ended. "Death is what gives life meaning", you even said in your own movies, Marvel.

:roflmao:

Marvel Studios seems to like to combine canon concepts and connect past films to the present. I'm thinking that many of the main storylines of Phase 4 and beyond will evolve from the fact that the Infinity Stones were destroyed in this universe and multiple timelines were created from the Infinity War. It's surely created a power vacuum to be exploited and filled by other cosmic beings like an Annihilus or a Korvac.

As far as Thanos returning, I think it would be a Thanos from another timeline. I'd love to see a cinematic version of Adam Warlock's Magus saga where Adam teamed up with a future Thanos to defeat Warlock's own dark future self, except an MCU Magus might be an alternate universe Magus instead.

On 7/14/2020 at 7:21 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Thanos was done. Perfectly.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

They already did the alternate timeline Thanos thing, though.

Just let the good character deaths stick.

Agreed, MCU Thanos was done well. I'm not sure about his deaths, though. He got his head lopped off and then was wished away by Stark in Endgame. I think Thanos, maybe Top 3 villain in sci-fi cinema, deserves a better send-off than that. I'm sure we'll see other big villains in the MCU for a while, but years down the road, I'd welcome a return of the Purple One, and not just a flashback. Sure they did alternate universe Thanos once, and they could do it again, as long as they give it a little distance. Endgame was just last year. And as I said, I think the multiverse and split timelines is going to be huge in these next phases of the MCU, probably leading up to some kind of Secret Wars/Crisis "fixing" of the multiverse.

Anyway, Thanos is a bit of an anti-hero in the comics, so I'd love to see him emerge in that kind of role. I think a MCU version of the Magus saga would be a perfect place for that.

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

Agreed, MCU Thanos was done well. I'm not sure about his deaths, though. He got his head lopped off and then was wished away by Stark in Endgame. I think Thanos, maybe Top 3 villain in sci-fi cinema, deserves a better send-off than that. I'm sure we'll see other big villains in the MCU for a while, but years down the road, I'd welcome a return of the Purple One, and not just a flashback. Sure they did alternate universe Thanos once, and they could do it again, as long as they give it a little distance. Endgame was just last year. And as I said, I think the multiverse and split timelines is going to be huge in these next phases of the MCU, probably leading up to some kind of Secret Wars/Crisis "fixing" of the multiverse.

Anyway, Thanos is a bit of an anti-hero in the comics, so I'd love to see him emerge in that kind of role. I think a MCU version of the Magus saga would be a perfect place for that.

A better send off than having his own movie titled Avengers: Infinity War, in which he won, that immediately led into being beheaded? Being snapped away by the very thing(s) he sought to control, under the influence of the MCU's focal hero, is also a perfect send-off.

Let good stories be good stories. Disney has to stop ruining everything by over-explaining (Solo) and over-saturating (Palpatine).

What's the whole trope about doing things and going places in the same way? Cars, trains, and planes? What interest in alternate-reality Thanos when he's already been done? With FF and X-Men in the mix, there's no logical reason to pull old garbage from the trash heap.

Disagree if you like - you're certainly free to - but you can't convince me that there's any good reason to bring him back. The Infinity Saga is the epitome of Thanos' character history. His pinnacle and prime has come and gone.

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

They already did the alternate timeline Thanos thing, though.

Just let the good character deaths stick.

I wonder though since the Infinity Stones still exist - just in a different form - could there be a linkage to help ease forward the Quantum Realm storyline?

Endgame Directors Say That

Still Exist in the Present MCU Timeline

During a Q&A session in Washington, DC shared on Reddit by user zachzhou630, the Endgame directors were asked about the status of the stones and how their destruction affects the time continuity in the main MCU universe. And according to the Russos, the Infinity Stones aren't actually lost:

"Thanos only reduced the stones to the atomic level. The stones are still present in the universe."

10 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I wonder though since the Infinity Stones still exist - just in a different form - could there be a linkage to help ease forward the Quantum Realm storyline?

Endgame Directors Say That

I also don’t trust a thing the Russo Bro’s say in their Q&A as they’re on record for duping the fans in purpose, but yeah I can see the Infinity Stones still existing in atomic form  and thusly  able to be reformed.

43 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

A better send off than having his own movie titled Avengers: Infinity War, in which he won, that immediately led into being beheaded? Being snapped away by the very thing(s) he sought to control, under the influence of the MCU's focal hero, is also a perfect send-off.

Let good stories be good stories. Disney has to stop ruining everything by over-explaining (Solo) and over-saturating (Palpatine).

What's the whole trope about doing things and going places in the same way? Cars, trains, and planes? What interest in alternate-reality Thanos when he's already been done? With FF and X-Men in the mix, there's no logical reason to pull old garbage from the trash heap.

Disagree if you like - you're certainly free to - but you can't convince me that there's any good reason to bring him back. The Infinity Saga is the epitome of Thanos' character history. His pinnacle and prime has come and gone.

Well IMO to see Thanos as a hero would be a great development of the character, just like seeing Stark as an AI would be a great development of his character.

And IMO, the Thanos Warlock Magus story from the early 70’s is Thanos’s first great storyline in the comics, and I’d love to see that once Warlock is established in the MCU.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Well IMO to see Thanos as a hero would be a great development of the character, just like seeing Stark as an AI would be a great development of his character.

And IMO, the Thanos Warlock Magus story from the early 70’s is Thanos’s first great storyline in the comics, and I’d love to see that once Warlock is established in the MCU.

That would ruin the legacy of both characters.

They can put Thanos in the What If...? series if they do not want to taint his excellence.