• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Studios phase 4
3 3

349 posts in this topic

On 7/25/2019 at 4:12 PM, 1Cool said:

I may sound like a heretic but I just don’t see the original FF being in a good movie anytime soon.  Older stretchy guy, hot invisible mom, young torch and a huge rock guy just seems dated to me.  The way the world and entertainment is going they may be able to use bits a pieces but I think they are doomed if they use the original team and general story line. 

I used to have a similar sentiment but now disagree. Obviously with two less than stellar attempts at FF it can be tricky, but maybe modern effects are at a point where they can pull off the visual look of the Torch and Thing and not look silly. Reed Richards is more than a stretch guy, he's a tech genius on the level of Stark or Hank Pym. His science alone opens up a lot of options for interesting visuals. And stretching is a power we've not yet seen in the MCU. The Invisible Woman isn't just about going invisible, but she can also create force fields (similar to the magic shields created by Wong and Strange), air bubbles, etc. Human Torch would obviously be a dazzling visual, and if the filmmakers explore his powers fully, such as his supernova ability, he could prove to be one of the more powerful figures in the MCU. The Thing could rival Hulk in strength and bulk, and be funnier.

The filmmakers should also make them explorers as that's always been a strong visual part of the FF adventures. Places like the Quantum Realm, the Negative Zone, outer space are what the FF call home.

Most important, if the filmmakers make them a true family with true family problems, you can't go wrong. That's what started the Marvel revolution, real people as superheroes.

As a side note, it might also help to power down the MCU a bit. It's got a bit too powerful. Stark got to a point where he can figure out time travel or any other world saving device in 5 minutes. But he's dead now. Thor got a bit too powerful in Ragnarok, but maybe not so much now that Asgard is destroyed? Doctor Strange no longer has the Time Stone so there's an opportunity there to scale him back. Scarlet Witch could use a little depowering. She almost killed Thanos single-handedly. And Captain Marvel could obviously use a little power down. Where's Rogue when you need her?

Speaking of the FF, I think the big hurdle will be making Reed's stretching powers look ok.  On the Amazon show "The Boys" there is a guy with stretching powers, still looks goofy and fake.  Granted this is an amazon show and not a huge feature film by Marvel, but I think stretching will be the toughest on to look good.

On 7/27/2019 at 7:10 AM, media_junkie said:

Speaking of the FF, I think the big hurdle will be making Reed's stretching powers look ok.  On the Amazon show "The Boys" there is a guy with stretching powers, still looks goofy and fake.  Granted this is an amazon show and not a huge feature film by Marvel, but I think stretching will be the toughest on to look good.

Twist: He's going to be able to stretch his imagination instead of his body.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

Yet.

I loved the first film and found the second film really funny. So not sure why Ant-Man 2 gets so much carp.

I actually liked both films, especially the second one. I know they haven't lit up the box office like the rest of the current Marvel movies and kind of found it curious of no Ant-Man 3 talk. I was at least expecting a trilogy. 

3 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I actually liked both films, especially the second one. I know they haven't lit up the box office like the rest of the current Marvel movies and kind of found it curious of no Ant-Man 3 talk. I was at least expecting a trilogy. 

Ant-Man 2 just came out last year. I think it’s safe to say Ant-Man 3 will be coming out towards the end of phase 5 (2023/2024). Because of the smaller box office, I think they will make other projects a priority, like GotG3, Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, etc... (Fantastic Four, X-Men:wishluck:), but there’s no doubt a part 3 is coming eventually. 

On 7/25/2019 at 1:16 PM, fantastic_four said:

but because of his age at 45.

I have some concerns about potential casting choices like Sub-Mariner (if he comes to the MCU) and Wolverine being too old or too young  for example (I think they should be in their mid 30's) but I don't feel as strongly of this point for Blade. Wesley Snipes was little younger than Ali (he is 57 now so that means he was around 37 when the first Blade came out).  I don't know Blade's character in the comic's too well but I imaging there won't be too much character developement like we will see for say, a young Spider-Man maturing.

I wonder if Stephen Dorff had something to do with Ali wanting the Blade job.  They were both in True Detective 3. Ali's character seemed to love the Silver Surfer too :roflmao:.

Edited by Xenosmilus

21 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

This is a thread for the poop Phase 4 films.

Ant-Man 3 won't happen until later.

That you twopiece? Just now realizing his (your?) absence... I'm assuming that handle was issued a permanent vacation, hence the need for the reincarnation.

Edited by Callaway29

14 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

That you twopiece? Just now realizing his (your?) absence... I'm assuming that handle was issued a permanent vacation, hence the need for the reincarnation.

Yes, I am the artist formerly known as TwoPiece.

I wasn't issued a ban - just changed my username.

If this is happening, it will probably be a Phase 5 surprise.

Take this with a grain of salt, but Paul Rudd reportedly said that the -script for Ant-Man 3 was finished when asked by a fan, telling them not to worry about it. But when the fan explained to another person what he said, Rudd backtracked and said that he just wanted to see how fast the rumor would spread.

This story comes from a reader tip to The Weekly Planet podcast in which a fan sent an email to the hosts, claiming to visit the set of Ghostbusters 2020 where it's filming in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The podcast itself, which used to be loosely associated with ComicBookMovie, did not endorse this information.

So, yeah, make sure that grain is a massive one.

There's a chance that even more future projects for the Marvel Cinematic Universe will be unveiled at the Disney D23 Expo next week, and it's possible Ant-Man 3 could be revealed there. But Rudd is well versed in the business of keeping secrets when it comes to the superhero franchise, so it's hard to believe that any of this actually lines up and that a -script for the film is already completed.