• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Studios phase 4
3 3

349 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

It's definitely coming, probably will be confirmed tomorrow night by Kevin Feige, but does Marvel Universe  officially speak for Marvel Studios? As in, I don't think it's still been officially announced.

Well, I was waiting for something official like MarvelScoopMeisterSupreme posting such details, but that didn't come. Next best would have been MakeMineMarvelYO but he didn't come through either.

:nyah:

2 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I don't think it is. But Marvel Studios doesn't seem to really have comic book readers in mind when they make their movies, especially post-Phase One. The first Iron Man seemed to have comic book readers in mind, but I think at a certain point, Marvel Studios moved beyond trying to please the comic book community. They still definitely seem to pay fan service where it matters and they take inspiration and ideas from the comics, but I think Marvel Studios now considers general worldwide audiences first in the making of these movies. That's how I see it anyway.

So, the world wants to see Ironheart basically?

7 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

So, the world wants to see Ironheart basically?

Not yet, but Disney and Marvel Studios will make sure that we’ll all want to see it once the marketing kicks in. They haven’t failed yet. And Black Panther proved there’s a big African-American audience for an MCU film starring an African-American.

I bet RDJ’s voice will at least come back for an Ironheart. 

Edited by @therealsilvermane

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Not yet, but Disney and Marvel Studios will make sure that we’ll all want to see it once the marketing kicks in. They haven’t failed yet. 

I bet RDJ’s voice will at least come back for an Ironheart. 

So basically they picked something not popular and well tell us we love it til we eventually obey and do love it..the outcome being guaranteed success and money!

You’re probably right, time to grab some checks!

7 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

So basically they picked something not popular and well tell us we love it til we eventually obey and do love it..the outcome being guaranteed success and money!

You’re probably right, time to grab some checks!

They’ll probably tie-in Riri Williams with another hero or crossover storyline  to make even those who don’t want to see it want to see it. They tied in Captain Marvel to Infinity War and Endgame and she made a billion. They’ll probably do something similar with Shang Chi because nobody really cares about that character either. But we will. 

1 hour ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Maybe Moon Dragon in the next GOTG?

I think Drax's daughter, who is Moondragon in the comics, has been officially confirmed by MarvelScoopMaster for GOTG3. Rocket Raccoon's girlfriend, Layla, has also been officially confirmed by MCM. So that makes one Guardians character inspired by the Beatles and another inspired by Eric Clapton. Now what we need is a Guardian inspired by David Bowie.

30 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

How can Drax's daughter be in GotG Vol. 3 when she's dead..?

It’s possible he was wrong. Maybe she’s tied in to High Evolutionary somehow. Reborn? Whatever the case, Moondragon(Drax’s daughter) is probably coming. She’s a big part of the Guardians from the Annihilation stories and that’s where James Gunn gets his inspiration. I’m just wondering how she’ll look. Will she look Terran or look like Drax? And if she doesn’t look like Drax, how do they explain that?

3 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

It’s possible he was wrong. Maybe she’s tied in to High Evolutionary somehow. Reborn? Whatever the case, Moondragon(Drax’s daughter) is probably coming. She’s a big part of the Guardians from the Annihilation stories and that’s where James Gunn gets his inspiration. I’m just wondering how she’ll look. Will she look Terran or look like Drax? And if she doesn’t look like Drax, how do they explain that?

If Moondragon enters the MCU, it can't be as Drax's daughter, though.

5 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

If Moondragon enters the MCU, it can't be as Drax's daughter, though.

I guess they could say the time travel in Endgame changed a few things, or maybe someone else used the quantum zone to save her? 

Just now, kimik said:

I guess they could say the time travel in Endgame changed a few things, or maybe someone else used the quantum zone to save her? 

there is no need for her to be Drax's daughter. They changed Nebula's lineage (right, she was Thanos' grand-daughter in comics I think). Moon Dragon can be another one of Ego's kids or something if they want to biologically connect her to the GotG. She is such an obscure character (and one of my early favorite's as a kid) that no one will blink an eye.

7 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I would love to see Moondragon as part of the MCU. I always loved when she popped up in the 1970's to 1980's Avengers, Defenders and team-up books.