• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED: 18 Picture Frame Marvel slabs and a 1st Edition 'Origins'
1 1

42 posts in this topic

This sale will feature high grade Bronze Age Marvel slabbed comics from the picture frame era that ran from November 1971 to January 1973 cover dates, including a number of books that are new to market.  The list prices are firm so there's no need to haggle, and every customer receives my lowest price.  Shipping is $15 for up to 4 slabs in the US - other locations and quantities will cost a bit extra.  Payments are accepted by check, money order, or PayPal.  There are no returns on CGC graded books unless a slab is damaged during shipping despite my bomb-proof packaging.  Disclosure: none of these comics were pressed during my ownership, or to my knowledge beforehand.

Before the comics, the first item is a first edition copy of 'Origins of Marvel Comics' written by Stan Lee.  It was published in 1974, and is the one I bought brand new back in the day.  It has small corner creasing on the lower right corner of the front cover and a bit of edge wear, and is a F/VF comic magazine equivalent.  The back cover is clean, flat, and nicer than the front with minimal edge wear, and the spine is free of any creasing.  Excelsior!

$30  SOLD!

OriginsbyStan.thumb.jpg.00a56c1bca128c30de4059fa867d5884.jpg

Edited by namisgr

On to the comics!  For a larger high resolution scan, just click on the image and in the new window click again twice.  (thumbsu

• Amazing Spiderman #110
  • cgc 9.6 white pages
  • $295
  • First Gibbon appearance

ASM110cgc.thumb.jpg.ce35565dcbfd864a4eb4cbc31b2ba96b.jpg

Edited by namisgr

9 minutes ago, namisgr said:

This sale will feature high grade Bronze Age Marvel slabbed comics from the picture frame era that ran from November 1971 to January 1973 cover dates, including a number of books that are new to market.  The list prices are firm so there's no need to haggle, and every customer receives my lowest price.  Shipping is $15 for up to 4 slabs in the US - other locations and quantities will cost a bit extra.  Payments are accepted by check, money order, or PayPal.  There are no returns on CGC graded books unless a slab is damaged during shipping despite my bomb-proof packaging.  Disclosure: none of these comics were pressed during my ownership, or to my knowledge beforehand.

Before the comics, the first item is a first edition copy of 'Origins of Marvel Comics' written by Stan Lee.  It was published in 1974, and is the one I bought brand new back in the day.  It has small corner creasing on the lower right corner of the front cover and a bit of edge wear, and is a F/VF comic magazine equivalent.  The back cover is clean, flat, and nicer than the front with minimal edge wear, and the spine is free of any creasing.  Excelsior!

$30

OriginsbyStan.thumb.jpg.00a56c1bca128c30de4059fa867d5884.jpg

:takeit:

1 minute ago, Wally's Comics said:
3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

that Gibbon was such a rascal!

It's so sad, he just wanted to be Spidey's side kick...

"I just want to pick your nits, little buddy...,"

• Two-Gun Kid #101
  • cgc 9.2 white pages
  • $100  SOLD!

Tough western in nice shape, especially with snow white page quality and near perfect cover registration.  John Severin western cover art.

TwoGunKid101cgc.thumb.jpg.1c87285be40605c2f2dfd7e64c963a19.jpg

Edited by namisgr

6 minutes ago, namisgr said:
  • Two-Gun Kid #101
  • cgc 9.2 white pages
  • $100

Tough western in nice shape, especially with snow white page quality.  John Severin western cover art.

TwoGunKid101cgc.thumb.jpg.1c87285be40605c2f2dfd7e64c963a19.jpg

• Kid Colt Outlaw #162
  • cgc 9.6 white 
  • $110  SOLD!

Another gunslingin' Gil Kane cover on a black picture frame.  Scarce above near mint.

KidColt162cgc.thumb.jpg.6268000da7b8dc9d22c7efad65bb5382.jpg

Edited by namisgr

Just now, namisgr said:
  • Kid Colt Outlaw #162
  • cgc 9.6 white 
  • $110

Another gunslingin' Gil Kane cover on a black picture frame.  Scarce above near mint.

KidColt162cgc.thumb.jpg.6268000da7b8dc9d22c7efad65bb5382.jpg