• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buying a slabbed comic at auction- step by step process
1 1

9 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, captain_em said:

Hello.

Does anyone have a checklist for buying a CGC graded comic at auction?

Also- What is your checklist for buying a graded comic out of auction.....online, face to face, etc?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

When you say auction do you mean ebay auction or traditional auctions?

For me on Ebay I wouldnt waste your time bidding until the last 30 seconds of bidding time. If I saw a product I would set it to watch and monitor the bidding until the last day.

When it comes to buying online I wouldnt use e-transfer until I fully trust someone.

If your using ebay I would never pay asking price,gain some credibility through the site by buying smaller stuff.

Always use sites like gocollect or GPA.

Make offers,ask about products. 

This site is good for buying too.

Always try to pay less than asking price.

Edited by Hollywood1892

What do u mean by checklist?

The usual info applies when making any online purchase know what you want to pay, do the research on your product or comic and go from there. 

its the same buying format as if you buy a phone from Amazon or apple or Samsung use reputable sellers or look at the return policy/ guarantees etc.. nothing really different when buying comics if you want to research it will help you make a better choice if you don't well buyer beware. 

at least he's buying CGC graded books as there less to risk compared to raw. If your buying a raw book at Auction I would have more research to do such as figure out what the grade would be is there any resto on the book? whats the value how much will it cost to slab do I want it in my collection would I want to sell it maybe later etc.. 

Checklist:

1. Bid higher than the other bidders

2. Repeat step #1 if outbid

Other than that, do your homework on reasonable value. Determine what you are comfortable spending on the item. Have patience waiting for your winnings to arrive.