• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you LOVE....

30 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

For an accidental thread, this is getting fun.

How about any stories where a superhero uses his powers to get laid? Not cute, romantic stories, but really going at it. 

THE PRO, another Ennis written comic.

I'd suggest checking out his library. It contains all (or most) of the debauchery you're looking for :baiting:

49 minutes ago, mister_not_so_nice said:

THE PRO, another Ennis written comic.

I'd suggest checking out his library. It contains all (or most) of the debauchery you're looking for :baiting:

I was thinking more main stream; not so much out of an interest in debauchery, but whether some less than sterling character has been exhibited besides things like assault and battery, breaking and entering, and the more common crimes heroes regularly commit in the name of justice.

Batman is regularly guilty of breaking and entering, assault, and kidnapping. Plus he was pounding the vino in DKR. Even Alfred was put off by his drinking... and he's British! (British jokes... (thumbsu)

Jessica Jones in Alias is a bitter, salty alcoholic.

And Barry Allen on the Flash TV show drinks socially, but he just burns it off.

Things got a little cra during the Alicia/Ben bachelor/ette parties, no?

And I don't know what's going on here-

latest?cb=20190512064427

On 7/18/2019 at 12:42 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Indirectly raising an interesting question: have we ever seen a super-hero get sh*t-faced drunk in a comic and then do something stupid (like Green Lantern tying one on and then etching Carol Ferris's picture on a planet?). Would make for an interesting story line.

Jason Aaron has done a few drunk Young Thor stories in his recent run on the character.  The Thor across eras concept he brought in was genius. 

Demon in a Bottle is less funny and more sad. 

On 7/20/2019 at 10:51 AM, ESeffinga said:

Am I the only one that read Top 10?

The mundanity of life with powers was kind of the premise. Well that, and that everyone was powered. :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_10_(comics)

Top Ten was amazing. Joe Pi talking thru the door remains one of my favorite comic moments of the post-Silver era.