• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Informal San Diego "Pop-Up" Collector Gathering THIS Thursday Night

3 posts in this topic

Pop-up Collector Gathering in San Diego

Another informal fan gathering on Thursday night. There are some old stragglers who used to be the core of the annual Big-5 war collectors war banquet. None of the artists who used to be our guests are alive anymore, but we've been meeting anyway--for years--at Filippi's Pizza on India St. (Little Italy. . .NW corner of downtown near the airport). Bring some boxes of cool stuff. All of us love war comics, but we also love romance, horror, sci-fi, funny animal, teen humor, crime, and even the occasional superhero book. Everybody can bring goodies for show and tell and/or purchase/trade. And you get some incredible pizza/pasta while you're there. Super affordable menu. Best Italian food in town. We'll be on the back patio hopefully. It would be good to PM me so that we know you're coming Thursday and I can revise the headcount for the table accordingly. Look for the table full of comic books! I'll bring a couple of short boxes and some original art.

Thursday, July 18
7:45-9:30
Filippi's Pizza

1747 India St, San Diego, CA 92101

Bring a stack or box of cool stuff! Comics, original art. . .show and tell AND purchase/trades are welcome.

14 hours ago, comick1 said:

Pop-up Collector Gathering in San Diego

Another informal fan gathering on Thursday night. There are some old stragglers who used to be the core of the annual Big-5 war collectors war banquet. None of the artists who used to be our guests are alive anymore, but we've been meeting anyway--for years--at Filippi's Pizza on India St. (Little Italy. . .NW corner of downtown near the airport). Bring some boxes of cool stuff. All of us love war comics, but we also love romance, horror, sci-fi, funny animal, teen humor, crime, and even the occasional superhero book. Everybody can bring goodies for show and tell and/or purchase/trade. And you get some incredible pizza/pasta while you're there. Super affordable menu. Best Italian food in town. We'll be on the back patio hopefully. It would be good to PM me so that we know you're coming Thursday and I can revise the headcount for the table accordingly. Look for the table full of comic books! I'll bring a couple of short boxes and some original art.

Thursday, July 18
7:45-9:30
Filippi's Pizza

1747 India St, San Diego, CA 92101

Bring a stack or box of cool stuff! Comics, original art. . .show and tell AND purchase/trades are welcome.

Having attended this dinner the one and only time I ventured to San Diego for Comic Con, I have to give a huge thumbs up endorsement for it.  Super well-run, great and personable attendees, and just super fun.  Definitely recommend hitting it if you can!