• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder Appreciation Topic
1 1

269 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

He didn't write the --script...

Zack Snyder on the Martha Wayne v Martha Kent scene:

“It’s funny, because we, [screenwriter] Chris Terrio and I, we did reach that point in the movie, in our discussions... we knew how to get them to fight, right? But how do you get them to stop fighting? That’s a tough one. And we sort of were just throwing down on their humanity and Batman realizes Superman has humanity, he’s not just a creature, he’s a man — he’s an alien, but he is as human as, in a lot of ways, he’s more human than him, right? He’s sort of embraced all the good parts of the human race, and so Batman’s able to sort of see, in a lot of ways, a thing that he is not. And I think that that was how we started to talk about it... Then we started to talk about how it could work, and if it was Lois (Amy Adams) that said it, maybe it’s better, it’s that kind of thing. Look, it’s a mythological construct, I have no problem with that part of it.”

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

“It’s funny, because we, [screenwriter] Chris Terrio and I, we did reach that point in the movie, in our discussions... we knew how to get them to fight, right? But how do you get them to stop fighting? That’s a tough one. And we sort of were just throwing down on their humanity and Batman realizes Superman has humanity, he’s not just a creature, he’s a man — he’s an alien, but he is as human as, in a lot of ways, he’s more human than him, right? He’s sort of embraced all the good parts of the human race, and so Batman’s able to sort of see, in a lot of ways, a thing that he is not. And I think that that was how we started to talk about it... Then we started to talk about how it could work, and if it was Lois (Amy Adams) that said it, maybe it’s better, it’s that kind of thing. Look, it’s a mythological construct, I have no problem with that part of it.”

He still didn't write it: "[screenwriter] Chris Terrio".

Dude's a Director and Producer and he obviously never got a fair say-so in anything after Man of Steel.

11 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

He still didn't write it: "[screenwriter] Chris Terrio".

Dude's a Director and Producer and he obviously never got a fair say-so in anything after Man of Steel.

Zack Snyder had complete creative control of Batman v Superman. DC gave him the keys to the kingdom. He isn't credited as screenwriter, but he helped shape the story. Zack Snyder is a total insufficiently thoughtful person, but Batman V Superman wasn't awful considering they were working within established parameters. The Superman they established was already screwed up from Man of Steel (dark and self doubting and depressing is not Superman), so nothing you could do there I guess. And while both their moms being named Martha is a coincidence I never noticed before, it shouldn't have been the reason Bruce Wayne decides he doesn't want to kill this alien anymore. That was dumb. And Zack Snyder admits he had a hand in that story element. He and Terrio came up with it together. It will be a better world if Zack Snyder never goes near another major comic book property again.

26 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Not that the scene needs to be defended, since the purpose of the thread is 'Zack Snyder appreciation' and not the continued trolling. But Jay Oliva explained this best.

:foryou:

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Zack Snyder had complete creative control of Batman v Superman. DC gave him the keys to the kingdom. He isn't credited as screenwriter, but he helped shape the story. Zack Snyder is a total insufficiently thoughtful person, but Batman V Superman wasn't awful considering they were working within established parameters. The Superman they established was already screwed up from Man of Steel (dark and self doubting and depressing is not Superman), so nothing you could do there I guess. And while both their moms being named Martha is a coincidence I never noticed before, it shouldn't have been the reason Bruce Wayne decides he doesn't want to kill this alien anymore. That was dumb. And Zack Snyder admits he had a hand in that story element. He and Terrio came up with it together. It will be a better world if Zack Snyder never goes near another major comic book property again.

lol

No, he didn't. Did you see the Theatrical Cut? He helped shape the story by directing the movie...

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Now you are just being negative. But that's not a shock when it comes to the 'DC vs MCU' outlook you like to pitch. But that's your story to tell. It's a life choice.

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Now you are just being negative.

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

This is a Zack Snyder Appreciation Topic, for those who didn't read the title.

300 was awesome. And he cast Gal Gadot as Diana. I can appreciate Zack Snyder for that. But that's about it.