• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder Appreciation Topic
1 1

269 posts in this topic

So word got out on Sunday WB executives were talking with Zack Snyder about something.

And then Twitter exploded.

Now trending #3 worldwide on Twitter, with over 353K contributors.

trends.PNG.42110bf3887eb1be920d298edace9e1d.PNG

Hopefully this leads to something positive.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Affleck did a damn good job as Batman in BvS (Ultimate Cut).  Not so much in Justice League though, it was like a different person was on screen.  Almost like all the bad press that the BvS Theatrical cut got just sucked the desire out of him.

12 hours ago, media_junkie said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Affleck did a damn good job as Batman in BvS (Ultimate Cut).  Not so much in Justice League though, it was like a different person was on screen.  Almost like all the bad press that the BvS Theatrical cut got just sucked the desire out of him.

Joss Whedon is responsible for Suicidal Batman.

Zack Snyder was going to have him make the sacrifice to save Lois Lane in Justice League 2, because of the BvS Flash sequence, and Whedon took that sacrificial thread way too far.

I know that Affleck stepped down from the role in-part due to Snyder's exit. I don't think he liked the direction Batman was being taken after Snyder was fired. He also couldn't 'replace' Snyder's vision. He couldn't come up with a good story for the Batman trilogy, and didn't want to be at the mercy of someone else's idea of Batman (Whedon's take may have influenced this).

Whedon did great things for The Avengers and Age of Ultron, but IMO he screwed Justice League right in the A.